Passport renewal?

Willber

Guest kellyp

Hi, hows things? Bet you can't wait to get out her now. Just renewing three of our UK passports, two children and one child to adult. Not sure of the cost of renewing them from the UK but worth looking at to see if it is cheaper doing it before you come out here. Its $194.45 for kids and $275.45 for adult 32 page or $322.45 for adult 48 page. Can't believe how time flies its not that long till we fly back for a break now so will catch up with you then.

Guest motlyman

We did ours from here.

All paperwork was sent to Camberra.

Only problem is you need to have photos signed by some one who has known you for at least 12 months!

As we had only been here 6 months we could'nt do that so we had to send the photos back to UK for signing and have them sent back to us, then on to Camberra.

In our case the photos were'nt good enough and we had to do it all over again:arghh:

I would do it before you come over.

Colin

Guest guest3462

Hi there, i would get them renewed in the UK as it is loads cheaper. You can just get them renewed as normal and then send them off to australia house in London and they will just put new visa stickers in the new passports. You also wont have the hassle of having to renew them once you arrive. There are restrictions almost everywhere for having more than 6 motnths on your passport for things like getting a mobile phone and using your passprt for ID purposes before you get your aussie drivers licence. Just saves a load of hassle when you arrive and everything is mad!

Hi, moving out in May this year.:jiggy:

Problem is 2 of our passports will expire 6 months after we get there. Is there any hassle getting them renewed with the visa's in or is it straight forward?

As always any info gratefully appreciated.

Roll on May 1st:jiggy:

The Willis'

If you renew here, you just get a new visa pasted into the new passport. In fact, you do not officially have to have it in there. When we could not get the new passports 'evidenced' except between 9 and 11 am (no chance for me), we just took the old ones as well while travelling. Nobody had a problem.

Good luck!

Get them renewed before you leave for Australia. It's far cheaper to do it in the UK, and they can add up to 9 months of an existing passport on to your new one, so you won't lose any time from the old one.

I'm in the UK at the moment, and mine runs out October this year, but I'm renewing mine here as we speak before I come back. Once you receive the new passports, you can pop them in a special delivery envelope to Australia House in London, and they'll put new labels in them for free, or you can travel to Australia (have the old ones as proof and maybe grant letter too) and then have the labels put in there.