aaaaagggghhhh

Guest siandsu

Guest siandsu

I do hope things dont come in three's.

We were informed today that our state sponsor application has been refused due to my nominated occupation not corresponding to the occupation listed on the SOL.

Sheet Metal Worker.

Metal Fabricator.

For everyones information, there is no difference. If anything a Sheet Metal Worker would be a little more experienced than a Metal Fabricator.

However....."computer says NO"

Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

Guest siandsu

Having just spoken to Adelaide dept of immigration, I am somewhat confused. They seem to be very rigid, (and probably for good reasons for most of the time), but sometimes surely 'common sense' has to be factored into it. I've tried to explain that my skills assessed cover three similar occupations. However I failed miserably. On top of that I've been told I seem to have trouble understanding what's being said to me. Well after printing off all three occupation descriptions and having read through them thoroughly, I have found NO DIFFERENCE in all three. What a farce.

Anyway, rant over.

Sorry.

Will try again tomorrow.....with a smile on my face, dreaming of the warm sunshine, mmmmmm

They can be pretty pedantic about this - basically if the job on the sol is sheet metal worker you need to be assessed as a sheet metal worker. You may be better going back to the assessment body to have it changed to match the SMP. You will also face problems with main 176 application if your assessment does not match the job title you are applying under.

Guest karenbonnar

Hi

I can totally empathise. My husband had his skills assessment last year and then they brought out the new ANZSCO codes. My husbands previous skills assessment in IT had been for a Systems Manager (convering software systems and computer networks). In the new list this had been mapped to Systems Administrator (just software systems) and a new code had been made for computer network engineer. Totally frustrating and he has now had to apply for a new skills assessment with all the associated documentation and assessment fee. Plus I don't think we will make July now so he will have to take and do well in the IELTS.

Still at least we are still young enough and waiting a bit longer isn't too much hardship.

Good luck with your application from here.

Karen

Having just spoken to Adelaide dept of immigration, I am somewhat confused. They seem to be very rigid, (and probably for good reasons for most of the time), but sometimes surely 'common sense' has to be factored into it. I've tried to explain that my skills assessed cover three similar occupations. However I failed miserably. On top of that I've been told I seem to have trouble understanding what's being said to me. Well after printing off all three occupation descriptions and having read through them thoroughly, I have found NO DIFFERENCE in all three. What a farce.

Anyway, rant over.

Sorry.

Will try again tomorrow.....with a smile on my face, dreaming of the warm sunshine, mmmmmm

If you have doubts, I'd go with a reputable MARA agent. They have experience with dealing with these issues.

Good luck,

Cooler

Guest Mrs & Mrs T

Hiya, On Wednesday our SS app was refused as a couple of weeks ago my work experience expired, so my hubby queried it because when we applied it was valid and also we have already applied for our visa in 2009.

Simply they hadn't read our application thoroughly as it did state that we had already applied for the 176 visa, so after providing proof of that this morning our application was approved.

Maybe try and discuss it with them or like someone else mentioned can you be assessed for the other occupation (i know its a huge hassle & cost). But there must be some way especially if the roles are so similar.

Best of luck.

Sarah

Guest moviemummy
I do hope things dont come in three's.

We were informed today that our state sponsor application has been refused due to my nominated occupation not corresponding to the occupation listed on the SOL.

Sheet Metal Worker.

Metal Fabricator.

For everyones information, there is no difference. If anything a Sheet Metal Worker would be a little more experienced than a Metal Fabricator.

However....."computer says NO"

Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

Hi

I failed my first TRA as my career path did not follow what they wanted for a Hairdresser. I have been a Hairdresser for 27 years this year but as I didn't go to college at the start of my career it was not accepted. My agent suggested doing an AQF. Passed this and reapplied for TRA, no problems.

It is about fitting nicely into their "boxes", however you can. If a new assessment is the way forward, just suck it up. In a few years when you are happly relocated down under this will all seem like just a distant memory.

This is just a wee set back not a brick wall.

L x

Guest siandsu

:notworthy:Thank's so much guys for all the support and advice. We are going to try again. Gotta say I did'nt think things would be so difficult. Suppose that's life tho !!

Must try harder next time.....