Major Blow!

Guest katemckay

Guest katemckay

HiFound out the other day that my job title (medical lab technician) has been removed from the skills list. I'm totally gutted. As a family we were really looking forward to a new life in SA. Is it the case that once its removed, that's it? Or can it change? Really don't know where to go from here. I can't see it on any other state list. Help

this happened to us too - we were absolutely gutted - we lodged our visas and then after about a month of waiting my husbands job as a bricklater was removed from the list (this was last June) Since then we applied for a permenant resident visa and it came through super-quick in December and our flights are booked for 5 weeks today. Hang in there and look at every other possibility - do you have an agent? if not I can recommend ours - he'd be willing to help - immigration2oz.com.

Keep positive and keep trying, there may be another way xx

No need to panic. I am a Biomedical Scientist and i think at the time our job was still on the list. However our agent suggested that i be assessed as a Life Scientist (2113-79) and passed the vetassess no problem. As long as your qualifications meet the requirements you can be assessed for any number of jobs, it doesn't necessarily have to be the one your employed in at the moment. I advise you to get an agent to help you with your application.

Guest katemckay

Hi All

Thanks everyone. Maybe have some good news. I think i can apply under Laboratory Manager, i never noticed this before. Im going to try and find out some more. I dont have my degree but i do have more that 5 years experience that may swing it.

Kate

Guest John2012

Hi Kate. I believe we took the last medical lab tech slot for SA. We got state sponsorship in January, applied for medicals, police checks and 176 visa. We had it granted in 6weeks and due to fly out in April 3.

Keep checking as it changed twice in December from low to high. When it goes to high, don't delay and make it happen. We done it ourselves with no agents and found it to be easy to apply and saved thousands.

Good luck

Guest katemckay
Hi Kate. I believe we took the last medical lab tech slot for SA. We got state sponsorship in January, applied for medicals, police checks and 176 visa. We had it granted in 6weeks and due to fly out in April 3.

Keep checking as it changed twice in December from low to high. When it goes to high, don't delay and make it happen. We done it ourselves with no agents and found it to be easy to apply and saved thousands.

Good luck

Hi,

Thats fantastic for you to get SS so quickly. I currently work for Scottish Bowel Cancer Screening as a lab supervisor. Ive read the descriptor for Lab Manager and its just like my job description. I'll give it a go anyway but I'll keep an eye on the skills list for changes.

Can i ask, do you have a degree? Its bugging me that i didnt finish mine despite everyone telling me i dont really need it. Also have you made contact with any labs for work?

Kate