HIV Tests for medicals

Guest Obedoh

Hi,

Been away for a while as nothing hapenieng, until we got into our medicals. Despite a minor blip and having to go back to redo a sample, we got them sorted in November. meanwhile I have been hasling the CO to get some kind of decision - it's only been 12 months and others have applied later than us and got in somehow (Not at all frustrating!).

I finally got an answer yesterday, followed by an email from Sydney to say that they need HIV tests from us all. I understood that they weren't required for 475 visas so we didn't get them done origianlly.

Anyone know any different or know any reason that this might come up. We're not healthcare workers etc or have medical history / lifestyles that puts us in at risk categories; we just go to work and bring up our kids in this godforsaken place (but hopefully not for much longer!).

Any info would be great. At the end of the day, its juts more expense and hassle as we don't live near our panel doctor (long story!), so if I can avoid it I will.

Cheers

Guest caoimhe
We've all had to have HIV tests for our visas. Doesn't matter what your profession is unless you are on a student visa I think.

We got here on a 496 temp visa and we didn't need a HIV test although at the medical my hubby was told he would need it as over the years he has had 5 or 6 ops, but neither myself of kids had it done

Guest Martin and Val

We just had them done as part of the medical. No extra cost it was routine requirement and part of the medical as far as we were concerned. We were also on a 475 visa.

Good luck with it all.

Hi

We are on a 475 visa and only I had to have the HIV test as I had piercings (In the past!!) and a tatoo. No one else in the family had to.

Sounds like they all say different but it was the medical practice who advised us of this.

We too are on the 475 visa and we all had to have HIV tests. My wife had to have additional hepititus tests, as she had piercings. Is this what you mean?

It tells you on the med forms that you download from your personal visa app area what tests need to be done and it definately says that HIV tests (for anyone over 16)have to be done.

Howard.

We were told by the medical centre we are going to in Marchthat we have to have them and we have to pay. We going over on 475!

Do kids have to have blood tests? Mine will freak if they do - bad enough that my son (8) thinks you have to pee into a bottle :wacko:

Lisa