National Australia Bank - NAB

Prema

Guest Guest75

I bank with the NAB.

They have lots of branches and ATM's

First used them on a reccie when we opened an account for shifting over funds.

They are no better or worse than any other bank I've encountered - apart from the fact that they keep shifting their customer service format.

I much prefer banks to stay the same and deal with the same people.

This does happen with my other bank - BankSA,most of the staff at my local branch know my first name and our businesses.

We bank with NAB - it was the one MoneyCorp recommended - our accounts were set up and waiting for us when we got here. No probs so far but we've only been here 3 months. Seem to have plenty ATMs and branches and all the staff I've spoken to so far have been very friendly and helpful.

Have used ANZ when paying our rent and have found them very friendly and helpful too even though we don't bank with them.

Wendy

Guest Tracijbc

We have banked with the NAB since before we came, as they do the reciprocal banking through Yorkshire and Clydesdale in the UK. They are good, and the Migrant Banking Team at the King William Street branch have always been excellent (actually better than the call centre staff). Also, if you do decide to go back to the UK and haven't got a UK bank account, you can open an account up from here without a UK address! Hurrah!!

Trace x

Hi all,

We are thinking about setting up bank accounts with NAB. Does anyone have any experiences that they could share about their services?

Are there lots of ATMs, branches etc etc.

Hi,

no experiance of NAB, I use westpac, Bendigo and commonwealth and get good service from all of them (merchant departments are a different matter:arghh:) all the banks have slightly different rules when it comes to things like mortgages, loans, credit cards ect , if you want to open an account before you arrive do it with any bank you like, when you arrive and you know your work , house, money situation have a look around and go to whoever gives you the best deal or suits your needs.:)

Simon