New Houses

mydearboy

Hi Guys I was on my reccie in september and looked at loads of new housing sites around Seford (rise meadows etc), Moana, Noarlunga, Port Noarlunga etc and hope to buy a house somewhere in these areas next year when we come out.......I lost my record of what these places were called can anyone let me know so i can look them up on the internet or has anyone got any direct links to any?

Thanks

Darren & Lisa :)

Guest doje6863

Hi, the developments at Seaford are called South for Seaford Meadows, Coast for Seaford Rise and The Point for Noarlunga. The builders are Land Sa, Hickingbotham (I think) and Av Jennings. Hope that helps

donna

Guest doje6863

We bought land at Seaford Meadows Feb 2008, we got rid of it in November when it still hadnt settled!! Other people who bought land at the same time as us moved in August 2009. So 18 months for them, but Im sure its been done quicker than that.

donna

We bought land at Seaford Meadows Feb 2008, we got rid of it in November when it still hadnt settled!! Other people who bought land at the same time as us moved in August 2009. So 18 months for them, but Im sure its been done quicker than that.

donna

Was that a land and house package seems a really long time wow we were quoted maximum of 6 months when we were on our reccie :(

Was that a land and house package seems a really long time wow we were quoted maximum of 6 months when we were on our reccie :(

It can be 6 months or less, if you choose a block of land that already has roads, services in, get the builder who owns the land to do the building ( you can somtimes buy the land from the builder and get your own builder in) I have some investment properties built and 5 to 6 months was my expereience.:)

Simon

Guest doje6863

No, we bought land and sought out our own builder. The problem was the council delaying settlement, not sure how or why. Anyway, that was our experiance. Im sure yours wont be as bad, but just be aware that delays can and do happen.

best of luck

donna

Guest cafehag

I also bought land in Seaford Meadows in Feb 2008 - I received the keys to my new house yesterday.

The first 11 months were down to council planning delays, build started in May and took six months from the slab being poured as promised.

Guest nishman

The 6 months refers to the build time (i.e. from the date the slab is poured). It can easily take that again to get engineering done and council approvals, especially if the land sub-division itself has not been formally approved.

We signed Feb 2007, settled Oct 2007, poured slab July 2008, moved in Feb 2009 - 2 yrs all in all. Admittedly there were some extenuating circumstances, like the builder sending stuff to our old address after the redirection had finished, and messing up changes we made the the house desgin during engineering.... From settlement, without these issues, I reckon it would have taken around 12 months to get keys.

I won't name names to protect the innocent, but we weren't left with a feeling of getting "silver" service from our builder ;)

BTW - we built near the coast development (Hickingbotham estate) - blocks are still available in the latest release.

we are in the middle of building/buying over at the coast estate. All the land is owned by Hickinbotham and you can only build a hickinbotham or statesman home (owned by hickinbotham aswell) we signed for house end of august, land by end of september and had master plans by middle/end october. waiting for soil reports (will determine definate cost of slab) and the bank to value the land and house before full approval.

settlement is set for the beginning of january for the land - had to make it quite long as may have had issues with getting a mortgage. thats our build so far time lines. it has been sent to council which at 10 weeks takes us to the last week of january so after that, land settlement and full mortgage approval granted it will be upto hickinbotham to set a date for slab.

Friends in aldinga that bought land february slab went down july/august and had their keys 2 weeks ago monday. their house is quite large too.

The land at the coast is also quite expensive in comparrison to other estates but they have included retaining walls cost within the price as it is quite hilly and retainers can be seriously expensive.

Also we were advised that there are more land releases due but they need to sell all/most of the remining blocks first before that release can happen. they are clearing for roads to be laid etc already though

hth some

kathx