Looking for short stay or long term rental 18th sept

Guest Kar&Rob

Guest Kar&Rob

Hi,

My wife and I are arriving on the morning of the 18th as new migrants. I have spent the

last couple of days looking for a short term accom to allow us time to look for somewhere to rent.

Short stays I have seen look expensive and if not very bad quality!

We would prefer to rent straight away. Otherwise anyone aware of a good and cheap

short stay for 2 weeks near cbd.

Or anyone renting a one/two bed long term?? budget is $250 per week

many thanks

Rob

$250 per week for a furnished rental isn't very much. Think how much a hotel would cost and you can save loads by cooking for yourself/laundry etc in a furnished place. Some will do discounts for longer stays and some who normally provide breakfasts and regular cleaning will give you a discount if you don't take these services and do it yourself. Worth asking them.

Guest Kar&Rob

Thank you for the reply

But looking for a shortstay (cheap) near CBD for two weeks - to give us time to find rental

or

Long term rental for $250 pw (have a few months rent to pay up front) - this is a long shot

looking on gumtree but am a bit lost

Guest Guest75

Kar & Bob................You will seriously have to rethink your budget!!!

$250 for a furnished rental???????????????:biglaugh:

The quality furnished rentals you will find on this site are charging a similar rate to a hotel daily rate BUT you have an entire house and get 6 people in for that!.

Dunno where you have been looking???

$250 a week for an unfurnished rental may only get you the very scabbiest box.

Guest Kar&Rob

Hi,

Wires crossed somewhere - i know we would get absolutely nothing for $250pw for a short term stay! I lived in Melbourne some years back.

We are not that hard up!

What I was saying was we need a proper rental long term (one bed) and will pay $250 pw ex bills (even unfurnised) 12 month lease etc.

Until we find such a place it will mean travelling four corners of a big enough city we have never been in.

Until then we will have to put up with paying out for a short term rental...........

My question was - we need advice, maybe even leads if anyone knows any. Sorry probably was worded badly.

Any help on areas to start with would be appreciated.

Many Thanks for your replies

Guest Guest75
Hi,

Wires crossed somewhere - i know we would get absolutely nothing for $250pw for a short term stay! I lived in Melbourne some years back.

We are not that hard up!

What I was saying was we need a proper rental long term (one bed) and will pay $250 pw ex bills (even unfurnised) 12 month lease etc.

Until we find such a place it will mean travelling four corners of a big enough city we have never been in.

Until then we will have to put up with paying out for a short term rental...........

My question was - we need advice, maybe even leads if anyone knows any. Sorry probably was worded badly.

Any help on areas to start with would be appreciated.

Many Thanks for your replies

My apologies, just had a few realise that furnished short term lets are actually cheaper than hotels .

Hi Rob

We have had a cancellation at our short term rental Property "Acacia" in Moana which Im trying to fill for the client. Moana is around a 40 minute drive to the CBD we have a couple of weeks free until 30th September if this is any use to you guys? its a lovely home to start your new life, have a look at our website www.acaciarentals.com and PM or email me if you would like any further information at enquiries@acaciarentals.com

Hope all your plans are going well

Take care

Kim

Guest Dutchie

Hi Rob and Kar,

We are vacating our lovely town house in West Lakes Shore on the 30th of Sept to live in NSW. The rent is $380 / week 400 m from the beach, 200 m from the school. Close to shops and AAMI stadium, and the Mall. 17 KM to CBD.

The interior is modern, reversed A/C all the luxuries one needs in a convenient location. Let me know if you are interested and I can sent some pictures to your PM.

Cheers, for now. Karin