Henley beach/west beach

Guest LOOBYLOO

Guest LOOBYLOO

Hi

Decided to bite the bullet and come across and leave the house on the market with estate agent if not sold :arghh:

We are looking at the end of November. We have been looking at rentals in Henley Beach and West Beach. What sort of areas are they? Any advice would be gratefully received :notworthy:

PS - been on Google 3D and happy with what I've seen. Also looking at Grange/Westlakes/Fulham Gardens.

Both are nice quiet beach suburbs, with lovely beaches, not too far from the city.

IMO Henley is trendier and a bit livelier. It has some older housing, with some lovely old villas. It was one of the earliest 'seaside' resorts of Adelaide in the 19th century, dubbed the Ramsgate of the South, hence the name of the hotel. There are also newer houses there, some lovely modern beach houses on the Esplanade (very expensive), also a lots of units and crammed in courtyard homes. A couple of pubs, some nice trendy restaurants - a good chilled out atmosphere in Henley square by the jetty to watch the sun go down.

West Beach is a newer suburb, the oldest houses are probably 50s/60s. There are some nice newer houses on the site of the old drive-in which was sold for housing in the 90's.:sad: I would say it is quieter there, there is less in terms of restaurants and I can't think of a pub... :nah:but the beach is lovely and some days it is a beautiful turquoise blue. There are plenty of open spaces / sport fields around and some local shops. Some parts of West Beach are quite close to the airport so check out any noise / flight paths. They go over near the caravan/tourist park.

In my opinion both would be really nice places to live.

we stayed in henley beach when we first arrived, its a really nice area, lovely beach. We are even considering moving back up that way when rental lease is up, west lakes is lovely too but pricey x

(only thing about henley there seems to be a bit more crime there something always in the papers, and we experienced this twice while up there, saw man staking out cars and heard a woman being mugged:shocked:)

We're Renting in Grange which is in the middle of Westlakes and Henley.

Schools are good in both areas, and its 5 mins from the beach.

The lake is lovely to walk around, and the shopping centre is good too.

Can get busy during "Footy" matches at the AMMI stadium, so you tend to avoid shopping around those times.

My daughter (15) hangs around Henley with her new friends, and they go to the beach after school.

Highly recommend this area, but pricey when you come to buy. Lots of older houses are being bought-up by developers, and then the plot is split with 2 smaller houses (and next to no back yard).

Cheers

Si