wow what a dilemma, i cant chose

diggerlcfc

iv been on the internet to start making arrangements for overseas movers to come to my house and quote for packing and shipping my furniture over to SA in July/August, firstly there's so many to chose from and i haven't physically got the time to go through them all, secondly, who do you trust nowadays, im normally a first impression person, but unfortunately that wont work with this issue i have.

Could i have some feedback, even if its not good from people of there experiences in oversea removers, please PM me if you would like to name names.

I would like to get some recommendations to narrow my search down please please please...:arghh:

Many thanks

Gary

Guest matt gibbons

Hi we used Anglo Pacific,they are a bit more expensive then a few other quotes we got but they were GREAT, met a few other people when we got to oz that used them and they were also happy with them,hope this helps.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

We used White & Co and were very happy with everything -good communication, everything was well packed and wrapped, and no problems this end either.

I'd say get them all round. Anglo, Crown, John Mason, Doree Bonner, White & Co are some of the main ones. Whatever one you pick in the end, there will always be someone who's had a bad experience with them, but when they come out you will get a feel for them and know which ones you don't want to use for a start and the ones you would use, then look at the prices.

We had AP round to do the survey and when they emailed the quote it stated removal of our belongings from Uk to Perth! Didn't really fill me with confidence seeing as we were heading to Adelaide!!

Guest bocsmorrice
We used White & Co and were very happy with everything -good communication, everything was well packed and wrapped, and no problems this end either.

I'd say get them all round. Anglo, Crown, John Mason, Doree Bonner, White & Co are some of the main ones. Whatever one you pick in the end, there will always be someone who's had a bad experience with them, but when they come out you will get a feel for them and know which ones you don't want to use for a start and the ones you would use, then look at the prices.

We had AP round to do the survey and when they emailed the quote it stated removal of our belongings from Uk to Perth! Didn't really fill me with confidence seeing as we were heading to Adelaide!!

Hi

We used ********* (please PM for name of company), paid the extra to go with someone we thought we could trust. They packed well and all went well in the UK. We received the first container within 3 months, but the second lot of boxes took 5 months - no explanation why and no compensation.

We had a leak in our container and a kingsize newish mattress and base were water damaged with an unknown liquid, several pieces of furniture were also badly marked. We took out their marine insurance as we felt again pay the extra to be on the safe side. Worst thing we ever could have done as they are now refusing to pay our claim. Furniture is a lot more expensive in AU. We made a claim for a replacement bed $5000 and repairs to woodwork on several pieces of furniture $600. To replace the damaged bed and base was 3 times the cost of the UK. Our bed in AU (which would have cost £1500 in UK) is $5000, because of this ********* are saying that we didnt value our goods correctly and are offering us £150 for our claim of $5600. We have now contacted a solicitor and are awaiting further information.

Good luck with your journey, Adelaide is beautiful and we are having a great life so far

* please PM for name of company

Edited by snifter

Guest matt gibbons
Hi we used Anglo Pacific,they are a bit more expensive then a few other quotes we got but they were GREAT, met a few other people when we got to oz that used them and they were also happy with them,hope this helps.

Im sure they Charged us 3.500 pounds for a whole container,We had 5 guys turn up wrap and pack it brilliantly in just 1 day,Had no probs with anything being broke either

Guest wispa

I have posted about this last month so thought this might be helpful :)

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/transport-shipping/30026-removals.html#post222063

Well everyone, thanks for your comments, it seems to me that John Mason is the company that gets a lot of votes and the least hassle, and to be fair they were recommended by a friend who moved out to brisbane 2 years ago, but things sometimes change, this is why i asked.

From my investigations through P.I.A i have however found that there are a few companies that are rubbish and dont seem to care about how they treat there customers, maybe this is due to complacency and they expect the name to draw new business, i dont know.

Anymore advise would be welcomed, this something i need to sort quite quickly..

Gary