What is there to do in Adelaide??

Guest thekings

Guest thekings

Hi all, coming over for a reccie in a few weeks and trying to put together some kind of itinerary.

So far we are looking at:

Adelaide Zoo

Gorge Wildlife Park

Surfing

Kayaking

Dolphin watching

Adelaide Central Market

City Shopping

Victor Harbour

Kangaroo Island

Taking in a show one night

Some kind of wine tour.

Days on the beach

Glenelg

Museums

Visiting a couple of schools and a hospital.

Looking round a few suburbs

We are here for 3 weeks, is there anything else I need to add to our list? or any "must do's" whilst in Adelaide.

Hi all, coming over for a reccie in a few weeks and trying to put together some kind of itinerary.

So far we are looking at:

Adelaide Zoo

Gorge Wildlife Park

Surfing

Kayaking

Dolphin watching

Adelaide Central Market

City Shopping

Victor Harbour

Kangaroo Island

Taking in a show one night

Some kind of wine tour.

Days on the beach

Glenelg

Museums

Visiting a couple of schools and a hospital.

Looking round a few suburbs

We are here for 3 weeks, is there anything else I need to add to our list? or any "must do's" whilst in Adelaide.

I would say looking at where you might want to live would be more important than some on your list. If you manage to do that lot in 3 weeks , there wont be anything else left to do when you move;)

I would say looking at where you might want to live would be more important than some on your list. If you manage to do that lot in 3 weeks , there wont be anything else left to do when you move;)

Yeah, agree with Smit....would be concentrating more on where you want to live, looking at schools etc....to be honest, thats more like a holiday itinerary, than a reccie trip....you ought to be saving alot of that for when you are actually here....

If you manage to do all that in 3 weeks...you'll be going home exhausted!!!

We moved down here 6 months ago from Nottingham, my Aussie hubby and myself run a wine tour company called Taste the Barossa so if you want to jump on that you could have a great day in Australia's best food and wine region and pick his brains on the move from the UK to Oz.

Check out www.winetoursbarossa.com

By the way.... agree 100% on the above, quality rather than quantity.

Nikki

Guest Rich&Susie

Hi Kangomik,

You talk about seeing houses on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Sorry if this is a silly question but is it better to do than then? We're doing a reccie next month and planned to link in with some estate agents.

Rich.

Guest thekings

Sorry should have read reccie/holiday :embarrassed: afterall we are over for a whole 3 weeks, and I'm not coming all that way just to do a reccie, we need a bit of R & R too.

Have included in our itinerary schools, places of work and suburbs. We will of course be viewing some properties in the Aberfoyle and Blackwood areas. We are also statying in a bungalow so will be experiencing the whole lifestyle thing, shopping will be an experience I'm sure. :D Thanks for the suggestions though people :notworthy:

Hi Kangomik,

You talk about seeing houses on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Sorry if this is a silly question but is it better to do than then? We're doing a reccie next month and planned to link in with some estate agents.

Rich.

Nearly all house viewings are on a weekend.

They will open to the house up so that anyone can just come in off the street for a look around.

Quite an effective way .

I'd be thinking of saving KI until another time.It's a big place that can take a couple of weeks to explore fully!

Certainly looks a good list apart from that.

You might want to pop into the city a few times ,even have a drink and bite to eat on an eveneing - might show the little Emo there are plenty of her kind here ;);)

Guest WhatNow?

House 'opens' are mainly on Saturdays and Sundays. Rather than going to view individually, everyone interested goes through the house at once - usually the house is open for an hour or so with the realestate agent taking expressions of interest and following up. You can get several in one after the other if you get the weekend paper and plan it well. It will give you a good idea of what you'll get for your money. Rentals are often viewed the same way and both rental and purchase opens can be found on realestate.com. Put your criteria in and ask for the list to be sorted by 'OpenInspection' - the opens will be listed in date order. Try it out before you get here, then either use this or the weekend newspaper listings.

Oh and to add something to your (very long!) list of things to do - Port Adelaide Fisherman's Wharf Market on Sundays - loads of stalls from books to heritage clothing to Magic Tricks to jewellery. Combine it with a $5 trip on the Port River Dolphin (1.5 hour) cruise and lunch at the Port Dock Microbrewery, also the Seahorse Farm and heritage buildings and Museums if you have the stamina. Great way of finding out a bit about the history of Adelaide.

Like Tyke says, probably best to leave KI until you get here permanently. Always a can of worms this one, but I'd go to Cleland over Gorge every time. Gorge always looks run down and cramped to me, and I do wonder about the health and conditions of some of the animals. The problem with Cleland, though, is that it's very spread out and therefore not easy to do on one short visit.

Jim

Like Tyke says, probably best to leave KI until you get here permanently. Always a can of worms this one, but I'd go to Cleland over Gorge every time. Gorge always looks run down and cramped to me, and I do wonder about the health and conditions of some of the animals. The problem with Cleland, though, is that it's very spread out and therefore not easy to do on one short visit.

Jim

I have found you can walk around cleland easily in 4 hours, seeing all the close ups and feeds if you time it right too.