Mount Gambier - anyone live there?

Guest gormusoglu

Guest gormusoglu

Hi everyone, can anyone shed some light on Mount Gambier?

After my last depressing post, a very small chance of a job has come up there and have no idea what it is like. I know that it is a small town which we like, but is there enough to do for the children? We have three ages 9, 7 and 2. Schools OK?

Are they accepting of other cultures? I'm English, my husband is Turkish.

Can't seem to find much about it online really, a couple of posts.

Grateful for any help.

If I could find a job there I would live there quite happily.

It's a reasonable size, but quite quiet. Halfway between Adelaide and Melbourne.

I reckon that it has a community feel, everyone seemed very friendly when we visited. It is quite remote though, unless you want to travel a long way, you're kinda stuck there. Like I said, I'd live there of I could find work there. Unfortunately most of my work is based in the major cities.

We have stayed there twice for long weekends... and think is a lovely place. As said above it is remote, and inbetween Adelaide and Melb if you go the long way round! It defo has a community feel to it and every seemed friendly when we visited the pubs and cafes etc.

There is some great attractions around the area like the Blue Lake, the sink hole...... its not to far from Naracorte for the caves!

If the opourtunity is there to try...might as well...

Guest sedgecl

We were there the other week, people were very friendly and the boys loved it. If one of us were offered work I think we would take it as its such a lovely place. As mentioned above it is remote, but truely lovely...:)