Hello from Ireland

Guest Pastures New

Guest Pastures New

Hi,

While neither DH or I are POMS we are hoping( fingers, legs & everything else crossed) to be in Adelaide sometime in 2011.

Having started looking into Visa options in Feb - just before the 8th Feb - we decided to hold off until the new SOL list was issued. We were both delighted to see both of our professions on the new list.

As I'm going to be the principal application I have the lovely job of sitting the IELTS , which I'm doing on the 17th July.

Once I get that - hopefully - its on to skills assessment with the inst of Chartered Accountants.

We are going the 176 route so we know its probably going to take a year or so to get the VISA.

looking forward to talking to everyone over the next while.

Regards,

Lynda

Guest spongebob

welcome to you and good luck with your tests on 17th July. We are in the UK and waiting for new sol list and fortunately other half is also on the list Electronics engineer. (fingers crossed). :jiggy:

I am doing my CAT (accountancy) exams in the UK and have been told to hold off finishing them til in Oz (only 2 to go) as very difficult getting my qualifications recognized. Plus I'm too old at 45 to be a visa applicant! Formally a nurse (still 2 old) very depressing! maybe I'll come look you up for some study advice when we all get over there!! :biglaugh:

Jennie, Julian, Abigail (11) and Melissa (9)

Guest caoimhe

Hi Lynda,

We aren't poms either but no one has held that against us:skeptical:

Originally from Belfast and been here 18 months

Good luck with the visa, it seems a long wait but will be worth it

Jacqui:wubclub:

Guest The Coyne Family

Hi Lynda,

Welcome to PIA its a great site, everyone is so helpful.

We are also from Ireland we're from Dublin, we're also hoping to be in oz next summer all things going well.

Best of luck with your IELTS exam and your assessment.

Talk soon,

Maria.

Guest Pastures New

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome.

We are so eager to get going!!!!

I've started practising for the IELTS and mother of god! I thought my grasp of the English language was good but its obviously not as good as I thought. The hubby thinks its hilarous. I think I might tell him he needs to do it too - just to be a little evil!!!!:biglaugh:

Regards,

Lynda

We aren't poms either but no one has held that against us

Jacqui

Well not to your face anyhows.....:v_SPIN:...only kidding.

Welcome to the forum, any questions you may have just ask away i am sure they will get answered by the very knowledgable guys on here.

All i can say is fasten your seat belts, and hold on for the ride of your lives....its up and down and round the bend and even upside down...ccrraaazzzyyyy :swoon::chatterbox::jiggy:

HG

• 5 months later...

Hi Lynda,

We are here 15 months now and love it. Lived 7 years in Johnstownbridge with the Meath border 50 yards away! Still a true blue Dub! Let me know if we can help in any way. Small Irish community out here but great place to live and work.

Regards

Michael, Denise, Jake (13) and Jenn (3)

hi lynda colin here from co armagh, wife myself and family are awaiting visa for adelaide, lodged april10 after jumping through hoops with so many changes to diac requirements.im a solid plasterer with s aus state sponsorship hoping to get there 2011.well lots of luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! we're Irish also (Cork)....there is actually quite a few Irish dotted around that we keep bumping into. We've been here 2 years this week (wow, where did that time go?!) and have a mixture of Irish, Aussie and Pommie friends. Will have to catch ya for a pint when you get here!