Hiya

Guest Cold soldier

Guest Cold soldier

We're in the "research" stage ( thankfully I've not got a download limit!). We've decided to make our first physical step towards Oz in a few weeks by going to Downunder live in Edinburgh. I know it's their job to get us to move, but I figure we'll still get a pretty good insight into how things work. I'm a mechanic, the wife's a dental nurse & we've got a 1year old boy. Figure if we don't try it we'll regret it forever, not looking forward to telling the parents though!

We were in your years 2 years ago! went to the London Expo and now we are due to leave in 10 weeeks time. GOod luck with your quest - there is a mountain of information on here - my first advice would be to find an agent - highly recommend immigration2oz.com - they gave us loads of free info before actually deciding to go ahead and use them

good luck! x

Hi

doing plenty of research is a good start , we have been here 5 months now and are loving it , my wife is also a dental nurse and enjoying the work , its true if you dont try then you will never know ,we used an agent , gomatilda , they were great , they have offices in oz and u.k so is really good. i,m sure the parents will understand , you have to be a bit selfish and do it for you and your family ,for us the u.k has nothing left , we have 2 children who are thriving out here .

good look with the research

Hi, research is definately the first step but just get as much as you can. We went to an expo or two and then made the decision. Not easy telling the parents, we have an 8 year old girl and a 4 year old boy and it wasn't easy for the parents but they eventually understand. We've been here 8 months now and loving every minute of it, not been easy at times but thats life. We used Ian Harrop as an agent and his team were fantastic helping us get our visa. Any way good luck and go for it!

Hello,

We also started at the expo in Edinburgh, three years ago, and have now been living in Adelaide for nearly six months. Depending on how good at forms you are, you may not need an agent, we managed fine without and saved the fee :) (although I may be a control freak!)

Take advantage of any free sessions though!

Good luck

Gill x

Hello!

I agree - research research research! And, if you can, a reconnaissance trip. We too didn't use an agent or attend any EXPOs. The visa application process took us 11 months from start to finish and we have now been here nearly 3 months. Every day things get better. Very glad we are here!

Sarah