hi im new & raring to go

Guest skellysgirl

Guest skellysgirl

Hi everyone, been hovering over the forum for a few weeks

my name is Lou and hoping to migrate to adelaide with my parner and 2 children

i cant apply till july and i have been in my current job 12 month, but that fits in fine as we are hoping to get there the back end of next summer, i am a graphic designer, hubby works for a tool company

i think i might have a go at the application myself, i am pretty savvy at that sort of stuff, although

i have been speaking to an agent who has given me a price of 2.5k (inc visa, meds and p.checks and thier fees) which i felt was cheaper than i expected and i suspect its gonna be one of those things where the price sneaks up, ill have to look into that

i am looking forward to picking all your brains (as you will learn i am a little cheeky)

and maybe making a few friends to help me through what i think is going to be a very exciting/stressful/complicated/adventureous period of my life

welcome lou and family,

good luck for when you start the process and if you fel up to by all means do application on your own. Many people do and theres always this motley crew on PIA to help you when you get stuck!!

enjoy the ride!

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Good luck for the next few months. I think you are very brave or incredibly organised. I am neither and so paid someone to tell me what to do!!!

Libby

Guest barmyarmy

welcome to pia am up the road in sunderland & we,ve not started application yet as i,am doing loads of research first.if you got any questions just ask on here or pm people someone always helps its priceless this site

Guest kerjam

WOW...that seems like a good price to me. Can you PM me the agent who gave you that quote?

I too have thought about doing my own visa application but have already come across a problem which the agent I am speaking to helped me out with. Seems the job I have been doing for the last 4 years (quantity surveyor) is not enough to get me through as an independent. My degree is in an unrelated subject. Oh well....

Thanks

Jamie

Guest skellysgirl

Hi everyone, and thanx for such a warm welcome

Jamie the agent is access migration and the contact i have been speaking to is kerry, she has been really nice and helpful, i have to admit if the price is just that (this was an estimate given over the phone) i will use them i just want it down in writing i think , i dont wanna get to the other end and have them say well this cost extra blah blah....and have a 4k bill, maybe its just me being too suspicious about the price

They have advised me also that i dont qualify for PR so i have to go state sponsered for 2 years i think its a 475 visa

Guest mOZzy

hello lou and family and welcome to pia :wubclub:

sounds like you are on the right path already - but feel free to ask away!!

i am quite organised myself and wouldn't have minded all the paperwork but we did go with an agent in the end mainly because we had so many things going on at that time and we just wanted to get it right the first time!!! and to be fair they did a very good job and 'saved' us a couple of times!

good luck with the adventure ;)

Guest Django

Hi Lou,

Be as cheeky as you like. Why should mOZzy be the only one?;) There will normally be someone that knows what you want to. Good luck with it all.

Pete

Hi Ian and Rachel

Are you in Adelaide yet?, if so what part. My family and I have just arrived from Bexhill, what a small world it is.

We have arranged to rent a house in Hallett Cove from 11th March, and are waiting for our dog to arrive here. He is in Melbourne until 17th March.

The children start school tomorrow at Hallett Cove East, so a chance to have some peace at last.

Our children are the sames ages so perhaps we could get together for a drink and meet up.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Susan, Simon, Brandon 10 years & Nicole 7 years.

Hi Lou, and welcome to PIA! I think you're very brave going it alone without an agent, like Libby we took the lazy route and paid someone to sort it all out for us! I'm fairly sure that once you've got a quote the price doesn't tend to go up very much, I don't think there's much in the way of hidden costs. Anyway, whatever you decide we wish you the best of luck!;)

Guest deborah

I have just filled the application in online for a 175 and have it saved so that once my positive skills assessment comes back i can lodge it before i am 40!! Saves time doing it now so already to submit. If not in on time will have to take ILEST or claim partner points!!

Have encountered one problem in that i haven't got a passport yet for baby!! Can't lodge application without it.

Pretty straightforward to complete apart from it won't let you skip to next page until all fields are filled in!!

Guest Andrew&Ren

Welcome to PIA!!! Its great on here everyone is so friendly and really helpful...any question will be answered....Good Luck with it all!:wubclub:

Guest Welshy

Just a quick note to you.. one of the major building companies from Adelaide is over in the UK at the moment doing a migration fair.. my husband works for them as a QS and they offered to sponsor us to become permanent. Have you thought about going down that road? Permanant employer sponsored visa - Adelaide are crying out for QS's...!!

Guest kerjam

That's good to know. I am a QS but do not have the recognised qualifications yet although I am currently studying them. The migration agent I spoke to said I should go on a state sponsored visa. I was hoping to find out a little more about employer sponsorship when I go to the expo at Aus Hs.

Still, good news with regards to jobs