you really want to live in adleiade?

Guest muppetbro

Guest muppetbro

10 o clock news

prime minister john howard pleads the nation to pray for rain

map shows the worst hit areas desperate need of rain - adelaide !!!

its not just the uk with a drought ey

mart

We don't really have a choice about being here but given the choice, my tag line would be 'I'm a Brit, get me out of here'

You call what the UK suffers a 'DROUGHT'? Just wait till you're here then you'll know what a drought is.

Guest Django
The Aussie Govt can't organise a p1ss up in a brewery!

No different from here then :lol: :lol: Why are we putting ourselves through all this stress and spending all this money for much of the same? :?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest muppetbro

as long as the ocean has water and swell this mofo remains one happy dude 8)

ive been doing a rain dance for you all - unfortunately its been hammering down here

happy st amigos day to you all

• 2 weeks later...
South Australia has always been known as the driest state so its surprising why the Government hasn't done anything about it before now. The Aussie Govt can't organise a p1ss up in a brewery!

still in dunstable beds, for the moment.lovely summers day hasn`t stopped raining for over 36 hrs drained 3" water from koi pond(vermin in adelaide?)only in adelaide for 6 days(glenelg).friends in hallet cove, liked all areas we visited around here,is it as nice as it seemed?any to avoid?

hope to complete visa early next year

cheers

max

p.s

oz govt cant be as bad as blair n brown surely?

Guest ali@51
10 o clock news

prime minister john howard pleads the nation to pray for rain

map shows the worst hit areas desperate need of rain - adelaide !!!

its not just the uk with a drought ey

mart

Can I ask whats wrong with praying. From the quotes Ive seen else where recently it seems to have worked

i live in dunstable beds, there have only been 3 days this month(may) when it has not rained here! this is called global warming, still weather isn`t too bad for february!!

BJF you don`t really want to get out of there do you?

are a lot of the water problems due to using it all to produce wine!?what about

desalination plants??

max

Guest graandjac

:mad: Sorry to be bitchy, but why does BJF have nothing but negative things to say, ????

Iam sorry things did not work out for you but this site is full of people trying to make a better life for ourselves, which believe me if you come back to the uk you will soon realise it is a bigger mistake than you ever made going to Adelaide.

I think there called yo-yo poms because when they come back they realise they should have stayed in oz Cheers Graham

Guest muppetbro

...he/she is probably realistic and not head in the clouds like so many posters on these kinda forums

nolt wrong with that imho as i take most on forums with pich of salt

just had a pleasant evening with my friend who came back after 6 months - fast tracked as an electrician - very honest warts n all account of the realities of making the big move

i have a theory - the ones who moan the most about the uk are the ones who fail to make it work out down under

water shortages yet everyone wants a swimming pool - hypocracy?

swim in the sea like we do :P

Guest steph&neil

Sure do there are worse things than lack of rain.......................sleet, snow hail!!!!!!!!!!!!! & we can get those in july here! hahahaha!

hi graandjac

i wasn`t sure if it was a negative reply i don`t know the history,our friends are in hallet cove they were yo yo`s.went to adelaide came back to dunstable,beds as soon as they drove into dunstable they looked at each other and said "what the hell have we done"they are back in hallet cove with their 2 boys of 9 and 11 they will never move back to england.

p.s hell began with an f !

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Max

I never thought Dunstabubble was that bad especially now they've sorted out that daft roundabout and the gliding club and downs are nice too.

:)

Stoo Deb & Boyz

oh pooh i have to admit i do moan about things and i` am told the oziz dont like this,i just hope i am an exception to your rule.you have to admit though we have got plenty to moan about!the oziz seem to me to have a logical sensible outlook on things,they do things the right way no matter if it upsets ,they dont have the human rights act, the elf and safety gestapo.i envy how they deal with problems and they have no time for parasites.aussie rules?gutted to say uk has destroyed itself i cant change that but i have to look after my family.

yes it is lovely during the summer(all 4 days of it)twas 3 days before global warming!it`s just that you could travel from one side of adelaide to the other quicker than you could do 1 mile through the town(unless it`s 2 am).we have had hundreds of homes built to the north of dunstable with another few hundred to go it is unbelievable. for large periods of the day it is quicker to walk and this is going to get worse.still look on the bright side we have a lovely theatre,cinema area opposite asda which was once a theatre,the queensway hall was knocked down to build asda because there was no where to put asda,then they use the park the other side of the road to build a new theatre / cinema!glad i`m thick council have money to burn.

Guest dglamoore

The good news is we arrived 5 weeks ago and bought the rain with us :o we have seen loads since we arrived although the water restrictions are still in place until the reservoirs fill more. The worst thing is watching the rain run into the sea - such a waste and something that needs to be rectified :confused:

Even with all the rain lately we are still glad to be here. Some people do struggle more than others and if you are living in a place you hate it must be incredibly hard but all views are worth reading to keep a balanced view :D

Lisa:cool:

Guest graandjac

;)

I couldnt agree more muppetbro and lisa, and it is good to hear bad things but i find it a bit odd that if something does not work for you , this is not the place to give constant bad negative comments. I want to learn from other peoples experences good or bad but not constant moning , maybe if the time spent on here would be better spent making things work down there? . Sorry if i offend any one but i do say whats on my mind which more often than not is respected i hope , the weather is great here is sussex hope you all have a good weekend Cheers Graham