Please take this as it is meant

Denise

................ And try not to be picky, after all, any work is better than no work.

Couldn't agree more.

Personally i've had no problems with finding jobs though thats maybe because im a registered nurse. OH retrained when we arrived in SA and he's not been out of work since.

Keep an open mind and anything is possible if you want it badly enough.

Congratulations Denise and the best of luck for the future :)

Guest dibdobs

We have also been here 6 weeks. My husband emailed out his CV to 4 companies. One company asked him in for an interview and he got the job on the spot. He is a welder.

I think it is very important to stop comparing things to "how it was in the UK" We came out here for a better quality of life.

He earns less but he is home more. We didn't come here to be rich. We want to spend time with our kids in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and so far that is exactly what we have found.

Good luck to everyone on their way out here.

Guest Libby1971

Just to go back a step, a couple of pages ago, I said that passionate pom riled me.

I am sorry; he doesn't really. I misread the comment and posted inappropriately.

Guest mayjess

I think the people who are mostly pro-active are the lucky ones, I had 3 different jobs in 12 mths when I lived over there, 2 of them Gov jobs, so it is possible, fact is you have to get out there and get your face known,,,the jobs wont come to you!!!

Mayjess

I would just like to say....

<rascist comment removed>. What jobs that are left are really low paid. The weather here is absolutely terrible !!! Its either extremely hot or absolutely lashing it down !!! The houses are so expensive you may have to live in a squat !!!! Schools are a waste of time as no one ever learns anything.

The insects are massive and EVERYWHERE!!!! along with all the poisonous snakes !!!!!

All in all your better off in the UK as the Aussies hate the poms anyway !!!!!

The moral of my post is........ " don't believe EVERYTHING you may read on here !!!! Try it for yourself as whats right for you might not be right for everyone else";)

Good luck.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Mouse

Denise,

Thanks so much for posting this, I'm taking the fact that yours is the first post that I have read on here to be a good omen, as one who is stressing about finding a job from a cold start. Thanks for the positivity, I really needed that!

Mouse.