Uk driving licence

Guest parko

Guest parko

Hi

We are moving to Adelaide in November 7th 2009 Can any one please advise how long you can drive in Adelaide on a uk driving licence we have got PR visa , and what sort of test do you have to take.

Parko :unsure:

Im pretty sure that its 3 months, and there isn't any test you have to take to get them swapped over. The maximum time your license is valid here is 10 yrs then you have to renew, but you can get then for 3, 5 yrs

I also heard recently that someone arrived from the UK with only a provisional license, one they had had for years, they went in to get their L's here in SA and were told that as they'd had their provisional for so long they were automatically given a full driving license. Im not sure how true that actually is, but it's a scarey thought as the said person hadn't had more than a couple of lessons back in the UK.

Also bear in mind that if you are driving on your UK driving licence that you must carry it with you at all times and also carry evidence of your Visa status. When I got pulled over and fined for this, I wasn't aware but that's my own fault. I soon changed over to an Australian licence.

Guest kangomik

no tets you just take it in and pay for a new photo one, motorbike licence is same, point it out when changing, anything else you have to resit, Trucks etc.