Guest bugbabe

About medicals?

Guest bugbabe

Hi,

we are a few months off needing them yet, but I like to have everything clear and organised in my mind - I even I have an ever growing pad of notes!

How do you go about organising medicals? I have tried searching but cant find the answer. Can you go to your usual GP or does it need to be private or at a designated place specifically for emigration purposes? I have an idea of costs and what is done during the examination, just not sure on where to get them done. :confused:

Thanks,

Claire.

Hi,

We had our medicals on Wednesday and as Django says they are a doddle. It took about 2hrs in total including the x-rays as the surgery was right next door to Huddersfield Infirmary. There were 4 of us 2adults 2 children 6yrs and 22mths old and it cost us just short of £550 for the lot.

you have to goto an officially approved immigration practice....they are very easy and not to worry about....its easy to say that now.

chill out you will be fine.

HG

Guest guest3462

The medicals are fine and not much to worry about, but please ensure that you arrange for your medical to be mid menstrual cycle, that way you are far less likely to have haematuria (blood in your wee) and fail your medical. I failed mine and had to have another one done 2 weeks later at extra cost to me, then pay for a courier £110 to have them sent to Sydney before the deadline!!! But the ones for the kids were a breeze, ours were 1 and 2 at the time. Xrays weren't a problem either. We went to York, to a GP clinic then round the corner to YDH for the xrays who were fully expecting us. Follow the link above which is the same link we used.

And we'll see you on the other side!!!!! Oh and make sure you take your passport photos with you cos the camera wasn't working when we went!!!

JC XXX