Karenbfam

Car Hire

Arriving for a week at end of Oct for a reccie, after a short stay in Sydney. Want to hire a car but they all say that I will need to present a credit card when taking the car, even if prepaid. I have a visa debit card, does anyone know if any car hire companies will accept this instead.

Thanks

Karen

I've got a hire car booked through Budget for our holidays in September, and they told me a debit Visa card was acceptable - that's all I have too. Mind you I do live here so that might make a difference as it's on an Australian credit union account, and with a South Australian driving licence.

think u will have probs trying to get one with just a debit card, when we first arrived thats all we had and we tried to hire one at the airport and they wouldnt accept it ,even tho we had a few thousand in the bank. we had got a prepaid credit card as back up but unless u have been using it regular for a min of 3 months with most places, they wont accept those either for car hire, we only know about the places at the airport tho,someone might know of somewhere they may accept it

Dawn x