495 to a permenant visa!?!

Guest retrotel

Hi

We got our PR visa yesterday - 10 weeks and 2 days after applying.

Me and the girls go back to the UK (holiday) in 11 days time so just in time and its a big relief.

Now we can claim help from Centrelink and help with childcare costs plus because we built the first time owners grant of $7,000 which is needed to finish our home off.

Going to immigration to change the sticker in our passports asap.

Good luck to everyone on this visa as I know its sometimes hard work and seems so unfair.

Tina

:)

Hi

We got our PR visa yesterday - 10 weeks and 2 days after applying.

Me and the girls go back to the UK (holiday) in 11 days time so just in time and its a big relief.

Now we can claim help from Centrelink and help with childcare costs plus because we built the first time owners grant of $7,000 which is needed to finish our home off.

Going to immigration to change the sticker in our passports asap.

Good luck to everyone on this visa as I know its sometimes hard work and seems so unfair.

Tina

:)

Congrats Tina, I'm sure its a relief...I can't wait to get mine.

The 1st time owners grant is backdated to the amount it was when you bought/built the house so should you not get more than $7000

Hi

Would be nice but its looking like $7,000 - it says they pay it once recieved paperwork in 7 days - yes.

Spent though on back garden and gates.

Its very frustrating waiting though, gets you down.

Tina

Hi

Would be nice but its looking like $7,000 - it says they pay it once recieved paperwork in 7 days - yes.

Tina

We bought our house 3.8.09 and arrived here on 14.9.09, so by the time we apply for PR 14.09.10 we will have been in the house 13 months. We have wrote to the ATO ask if we can apply for FHOG adn are waiting for a reply. It is not fair,we had to pay stamp duty but may not get FHOG !

We had to move the Hoons where making our life un bearable in Seaford down grand boulevard.

We are still waiting for a reply to our letter.

Lyn

Hi

Tina

Well better in your pocket than thiers :biglaugh:

We bought our house 3.8.09 and arrived here on 14.9.09, so by the time we apply for PR 14.09.10 we will have been in the house 13 months. We have wrote to the ATO ask if we can apply for FHOG adn are waiting for a reply. It is not fair,we had to pay stamp duty but may not get FHOG !

We had to move the Hoons where making our life un bearable in Seaford down grand boulevard.

We are still waiting for a reply to our letter.

Lyn

So you're applying for PR after a year? Have I misunderstood this?

Jim

Guest paopaotook

Hi it's Karena here, new to here, I actually have had my application lodged on 9th of August, and still waiting, God bless hope can get it approved shorlty. Just wondering anyone else get the same situation with me?

Guest retrotel

hi,we have just wrestled our way through the online application,(495 to 887),..now i got to the last page which is prompting me to pay but i havnt attached any thing?,i guess i lodge the app'and then attach when i have trn number?,...and is there a link to a checklist of the required documentation as i am going round in circles!,and im not sure what they need and would want to have everything at the ready!,any help would be greatly recieved,terry.

Hi Terry, you're right, you pay and then you get the option to attach there and then, or you attach documents later using your TRN number. The required documentation checklist should appear once you pay, if I remember correctly, but it won't have the stuff about proving you've lived here for two years, etc, you just have to work that out for yourself.

Guest retrotel

...thanks a lot for that,does it matter that we have only just sent our police check app's off and will probably be kept waiting for them,or just lodge the app' and add as soon as i get them??,..thanks again!

Hi all, just a thing across my mind, if it's all right to give a call to immigration trying to figure out which status I'm actually in ?

Hi,

I rang immigration but it did take a week off trying to get through, you don't get the option to queue if the lines are busy, just tells you they have a large amount of calls and try later.

I did get through and qouted my TRN number and she said she would email the department dealing with this ? I'll never know if she did or not.

I then went down to immigration in the city a week later because we are going to the UK next Tuesday and was unsure how this would effect us.

The guy on the desk did tell me we had a case officer and that immigration would know if we left the country.

Anyway the visa was granted 2 days later - 10 weeks and 2 days in total from applying.

All great news, the wait is frustrating, ours seemed to take longer than friends that had applied recently.

Tina

Guest paopaotook

Hi Tina, thanks a lot for your message, I think I probably will need to get my husband down there to Currie Street, hopefully my application can be approved ASAP !! God bless !!!