Guest hensonmonsta

High voltage cable laying jobs, are there any vacancies?

Guest hensonmonsta

Hi my husband has 25 years within the cable laying business, he is currently a supervisor, we have looked on line for companies but don't seem to be able to find any websites. Does any one know of any companies within the area? :jiggy:

He is dealing with all aspects of cable laying (not jointing) :huh:

Any advice would be greatly received :cute:

Teresa 39, Tim 42, Leah 9 & Louis 2

Guest tooeasy

over here most of the cable is either overhead or the electricians do it themselves I didnt know this before I came over I have had to dig trenches :shocked: and lay the conduit ourselves 90% of the cables go in conduit here no armoured cables I have heard they use it on the mining sites hope this helps

Guest hensonmonsta
    over here most of the cable is either overhead or the electricians do it themselves I didnt know this before I came over I have had to dig trenches :shocked: and lay the conduit ourselves 90% of the cables go in conduit here no armoured cables I have heard they use it on the mining sites hope this helps

Thanks for the info, my husband lays ducting is this the equivalent to conduit! They lay the ducting and then pull the cable through it....

Also if you don't mind me asking??? are there currently jobs out there for your type of work? what are the rates of pay per hour and how many hours do people work in this kind of job?

Guest tooeasy

they only use contractors to lay the conduits and pull the cables thro on really big jobs normally the electricians do it there is a lot more jobs for sparkies atm about 8 in the paper on saturday and a lot more by word of mouth you can expect to earn around $30 an hour and work about 40hrs per week

Guest hensonmonsta

If my husband wants to know more would it be possible to email you direct....you have been very helpfull so far. :-)

He currently works for a contractor here in england and he has just completed a job 4km of 33kv, single circuit,this work was through various terain ie unsurfaced ground, carrigeway,footpath.Is this the type of work that you or cable laying contracts deal with?

Guest hensonmonsta
    sent you a pm :)

Thanks for your details, will be in touch soon.

Guest Prateek Mehta

Hi,

I work as a site supervisor in India for HV cable laying projects. However, I do not have any formal qualification in electric trade industry. My experience though is of over 5 years. You think I can find myself a similar job in australia, and how much would it pay??

Hi,

I work as a site supervisor in India for HV cable laying projects. However, I do not have any formal qualification in electric trade industry. My experience though is of over 5 years. You think I can find myself a similar job in australia, and how much would it pay??

If you do not have any qualications I can not see you getting a job in that trade.

Hi,

Not a chance in that trade mate.