Guest spannaelephant

Father Christmas......best venue??

Guest spannaelephant

Hi,

Was planning on taking my kids to visit Father Christmas over the next few days (manic I know), and was wondering which is the best 'venue' to visit him at?? We would either head to Marion or the City, ie David Jones, Myers, Rundall Mall.................does anyone have any good recommendations?

Many thanks, Anna

Guest Dave & Carole

The magic Cave was good and the 'Father Christmas' was very jolly at David Jones in the city , BUT... children get a party hat and a library bag - very nice but we were all a bit surprised not to get a little wrapped up present. Not sure if that is the norm here?! You pay for picture and whole experience was good but if we had known before we could've have pre empted it with kids.

Went to David Jones in the city Q'd for 1 and a half hours nothing to entertain the kids in the Q talking tree wasn't working and the small TV they had playing disneys cars was turned down so you couldn't hear it. Photos they wanted almost $23 with that they get a bag nothing exciting. Must say the santa was really good even had me fooled thought he was the real santa:skeptical:. Not found anywhere that gives a wrapped present here so i took one with me:idea:. Maybe cos we had great santa's in the UK I have got to picky. saying all that my 6 year old enjoyed it so thats all that counts.

oh yes and you can buy candy floss on a stick there too ;)

I saw some poor kids screaming in horror at a very weary looking Santa in David Jones at Marion, lol. That photo was never going to come out well!

Guest lippy

We went to Myres in Rundle Mall last year - they had a train and some other things for free - don't think we got a wrapped gift though. There was hardly any queue for santa.

Guest the4hopes
    Wonder what them lookalikes do the rest of the year?:unsure:

They drive trucks :christmassmilie: