Heading Down Under!

Guest The Garners

Guest The Garners

Hi all, hopefully in the near future (sometime in next 6months) me and my family will be setting up home in H/C. Lucky for us my partner's job is taking us there (he's an Electrician)

Can anyone give their views/experiences on life in Hallet Cove, i.e. whats it like for shopping, activities, people?

We have a 6yr old daughter, who is on the shy side, can anyone give me info on junior schools and also clubs for this age group, she currently trains Tae-Kwon-Doe 2/3times a week, is there any Tae-Kwon-Doe clubs?

When our daughter is settled I will also be looking to work, how are work opportunities in H/C or the near by surrounding areas?

Thanks in advance

Catherine & Danny

Guest Guest5035

below is a TKD club my lad joined a few years ago and is now a black belt first dan junior. If you look through the site you'll find training centres all over the place. It costs $45 a month and you can go as many times as you want, except Sundays!! But once a month they have destruction classes held in the city, (where they make firewood )!!

http://www.rhee-taekwondo.com.au/

Stevo

If your daughter is a bit shy, might I suggest the Hallett Cove South School, which is a lot smaller than the R-12 and East schools and might be a bit less intimidating. My kids started off there (many years ago!) so maybe others can comment on what it's like now.

Hi all, hopefully in the near future (sometime in next 6months) me and my family will be setting up home in H/C. Lucky for us my partner's job is taking us there (he's an Electrician)

Can anyone give their views/experiences on life in Hallet Cove, i.e. whats it like for shopping, activities, people?

We have a 6yr old daughter, who is on the shy side, can anyone give me info on junior schools and also clubs for this age group, she currently trains Tae-Kwon-Doe 2/3times a week, is there any Tae-Kwon-Doe clubs?

When our daughter is settled I will also be looking to work, how are work opportunities in H/C or the near by surrounding areas?

Thanks in advance

Catherine & Danny

Thanks in advance

Catherine & Danny

I don't know about the schools but I love living here. We are just outside Hallet Cove in Sheidow Park. Not far from the city or the beaches but have a read through some of the posts about Hallet Cove as there are many who live round here too.

Good luck with the move

Michelle

Guest The Garners

Thanks for the info its much appreciated,

Glad our daughter will be able to carry on with her Tae-Kwon-Doe, as she enjoys it more now than she use to.

Thanks for the advice on the schools too, looked at some but need to do more research.

Catherine

x

Hi.

For primary schools you have HC East, HC South and the R-12 but I'd recommend visiting both before making a decision.

Both my kids do TKD twice a week (Ben Rutten TKD), at the R-12 school - both very happy there for the past 2 years.

They've just revamped the HC shopping centre and did a pretty good job of it but there's a lot more shops at Marion (Westfield).

J.