Any trades need a hand

Guest ozzymoggy

Guest ozzymoggy

Hi all,

I moved here with my family 3 weeks ago and after finding a rental, setting it up with everything that is neeeded for a home, getting my child into school and the wife starting work Monday I have just had time to stop for a minute.

I have been plastering for the last 4 years with some smooth renedering thrown in, I can tile, do some painting and some plumbing and can paint well. I have some tools coming over which should be here within the next 2 weeks but can quite easily get hold of some painting gear if there is anything urgent out there.

I am looking for anyone who needs a hand with either work at home or work they do as a tradesman or work in the graden/labouring etc. I have a portfolio and can get references form back home if required.

Im willing to work for a day for free if there is long term work available.

I am very puctual, a hard worker, fit and healthy, aged 38.

Thanks Marcus - 0414 610 612

Nina 29, Abi 9 on friday

Guest ozzymoggy

Thanks for the reply, keep me in mind.

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I don't have anything at the moment but will keep your details in case something comes up.

Good luck

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jules37

Hi Kevin

Is there much work there for Painter and decorators?

Jules

Hi Marcus,

I don't have anything at the moment but will keep your details in case something comes up.

Good luck

Kevin

Guest DanandJanna

Hi Marcus, theres plenty of plastering work around, have you tried the Advertiser? (daily paper) Theres also a fair amount of decorating work of various sorts, we'v been here 4 weeks now and found work no probs, had the the choice of 3 painting jobs in the end. I'll pm you later with some numbers to try if you like, youl need a motor though, we just bought a banger. And if they ask if you can enamel that means gloss. Dan

Hi Kevin

Is there much work there for Painter and decorators?

Jules

Hi Jules,

there is plenty of work for painters and the advertiser has job adds all the time.

I found you are better trying to get the work face to face rather than sending cv though.

its takes a while to get your name established, but once you do if you are good enough there is as much work as you can cope with.

good luck

kevin

Guest SCOTTYSUKSA

Hi marcus,

where abouts are you based? My husband contracts out to a larger company who do maintenance work in council houses. There is constant work. He works in the north, north-east and western suburbs. Let me know if you are interested.

Helen

Guest The Morleys

Hi there, thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply.

Its a small world, I think we met on Australia day and I played cricket with you and your family. We went down to the beech with Chris, Michaela and their 5 kids and had a great day playing cricket, football and boogey boarding. I think your son was there and he had a mate over from the UK, tell him he will remeber me I kicked his arse at football, lol. Would be great to meet up again, I know Chris mentioned a bbq?

Marcus

ps i hope i have the right person, im sure they said you were heaps good on pia

Guest The Morleys

Hi Helen,

Appologies for the late reply, we are at Hallett Cove and will be moving to Seaford Rise, so a little too far but thank you very much indeed for the kind offer.

Marcus x

Guest SCOTTYSUKSA

Hey marcus,

that is fine. If you change your mind, there is always work. They always need plasterers. As you can imagine, some of the council houses can be in a big mess. Big holes in walls etc... I hope you find a suitable job down your area. I am sure you will. Fingers crossed and be positive.

I notice your wife is a nurse, she will get work no problem. There are loads of nursing positions available throughout adelaide. I am a radiographer (x-ray person) and found work really easily when we came over)

anyway, good luck in the job search and if you ever need any advice or just want friends, by all means give myself and my husband anthony a bell.

Helen

Guest The Morleys

Hi Helen,

Nina the other half is working at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in the A+E department and now she is settled is quite enjoying it... I will sort something, so much on at the moment its mad. Good luck with it all.

Marcus