meet ups in west mids

Guest lazymazy

Guest Jane & Craig

Hi, we've just found this site and it's great to find people moving to Adelaide, I thought every man and his dog were heading for Perth.

We are at the early stages and we are hopefully (waiting on one more reference) about to send off for our TRA.

We live in Stoke and if it's not too late, we'd love to meet up with everyone.

Would that be ok?

Jane and Craig

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest75
Hi, we've just found this site and it's great to find people moving to Adelaide, I thought every man and his dog were heading for Perth.

We are at the early stages and we are hopefully (waiting on one more reference) about to send off for our TRA.

We live in Stoke and if it's not too late, we'd love to meet up with everyone.

Would that be ok?

Jane and Craig

Hiya :-)

There are more than you think moving to Adelaide.

Mainly because it is still very affordable to live and buy property here.

Perth is much more expensive in housing but jobs seem to be better paid.

According to some figures quoted to me there are 14,500 UK arrivals here each year.

We certainly meet up with plenty of newbies :-)

Guest RandC

Hi

2pm is great for us too. We are waiting to hear about our skills assessment. Fingers crossed - just love this site and reading peoples' experiences.

look forward to meeting everyone soon,

Cari x

Guest happy-jools

Hey everyone.

Im so keen to do the midlands meet up but my Husband thinks its a long way for the day. i.e. 220 miles. I wanted to stay over but the place were meeting at only has room for maximum 3. (we have two girls, taking us to four).

Anyone else staying over, or got any recommendations for places to stay.

Im driving friends and family round the bend talking about Australia all the time (needless to say myself).

:mrgreen:

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi

May have missed it :? ? Hoefully not any chance we could join you. What Date? We are from Nottingham OH originally Dudley born and bred.

Jane

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi

Thanks Count us in we'll most probably loose our three terrors and drop them off with the Outlaws :lol: for the weekend and book in the Hilton.

Jane

Hi All

Janes just pm'd me about this meet. I'm going to have a chat with OH, he usually works on a Saturday, but if we can sort it we will come along to (will confirm later).

Just a quick question, I would sort of like to bring my 2 boys along aged 10 & 6yrs (noticed 1 or 2 others bringing the kids). Is there ANYTHING for the kids to do, play area, park ???

If there isn't, like Jane, I may ask the in/out laws :lol: to have them for the day.

Can someone post the address, agreed date & time please? Thanks :)

Hoping for our visa anytime, we have had a CO since 4th Dec (timeline below). Our agency have given him a little 'nudge' on Friday to chase up the application, fingers crossed 8)

Angela

Hello All !! Been watching with interest for a while now . hope we can come along 21/4/07 @ 2pm for a chat and meet up . From Solihull myself and we look forward to chatting to others with same hopes as ourselves . Myself , Rich , better half Liz and children Hattie (3) and Rory (1) are awaiting the final ok as meds were sent last week . We used Global Visas and found them great , Polly there is a star !!

Still very worried about the , hopefully , imminent big move as we do feel we'll be tearing kids away from close family and friends , but Hey , need to look to the future !! All being well will be going June/July .

Thanks to all who make this site as informative as it is !!

Guest lazymazy

even better mate, get ya face painted as the auzzie flag and we'll set up stalls outside selling kangaroo burgers ect.

was gonna have a car boot before we go to get rid of our unwanted belongings. might bring it all with me and set up stall on the car park. it's quite a busy pub and you never know, could make a quid or 2. what ya think???? hahahahahahahahahaha :D

Guest jen&ian

Blimey Dan couldn't help noticing 5:42 am and online keen or what?! Or are you an insomniac like my OH, or do you work funny shifts?

Sorry to be nosy, but I just am :D

Jen

Guest chrissy63

:P we live in Warwickshire and are in very early stages would love to meet up with people we have 2 kids 5 years and 11 months. Please keep us posted where and when end of April

Ta

Chrissy x