Guest the4hopes

I had real chips today!

Guest the4hopes

Yes from a chip shop, and they weren't frozen ones, they were real potatoes, didn't even feel the need for chicken salt, just the normal salt!! :jiggy:

Anyone interested go to the chip shop on Marion road at Plympton near the post shop!!

Guest JoTanCalOwen

hey there,

am just having curry sauce and chips in work (in Uk still) and they're AWFUL so glad you enjoyed yours :)

tanya x

Guest caoimhe
    Yes from a chip shop, and they weren't frozen ones, they were real potatoes, didn't even feel the need for chicken salt, just the normal salt!! :jiggy:

Anyone interested go to the chip shop on Marion road at Plympton near the post shop!!

Sorry Laura but I don't believe you:skeptical: I don't think there is any such thing as ''Real'' chips here:sad:

Guest soggy

Just up the road from me, I will check them out tomorow, if the wife goes to work for a couple of hours and leaves me unsupervised that is.:idea:

Simon:)

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh: @ Laura.

Great when you find some comfort food.

Such moments to savour - does not mean you miss the Y -UK,just enjoy the moment.

Best chips in SA???

Fried at Tyke Towers - home grown spuds - cut by hand- fried in olive oil from our grove :)

Cost a chuffing fortune to get there but worth it;)

Guest ReadyPenny
    :biglaugh: @ Laura.

Great when you find some comfort food.

Such moments to savour - does not mean you miss the Y -UK,just enjoy the moment.

Best chips in SA???

Fried at Tyke Towers - home grown spuds - cut by hand- fried in olive oil from our grove :)

Cost a chuffing fortune to get there but worth it;)

Well it's alright if you can get it Tyke!!!! LOL. Love all the home grown stuff, Dad has an allotment in UK so used to fresh salad, veg, potatoes, tomatoes,oooh am getting hungry now. Didn't have the home grown olive oil though, you lucky bugger!!!

Guest happy feet

Noralunga fish & chip shop, do amazing chips...taste's just like home ones...yummy!!!

Guest melj71

The Chicken shop on Port rd do really good chips..taste just like the one's in the U.K, to find it, it's just past the Findon Rd turn going towards Port Adelaide :)

Guest guest569

seaford road deli also do good chips. Plenty of shops do if you look hard enough.

Guest tinkham_lee

The take away at aldinga central do fantastic chips, but i recomend you phone your order through first, as they are a bit slow. I have been in there for 30 mins before, waiting for a burger and chips. where can i get a donnor kebab???

Guest Justme

Thank you, we live at North Brighton and would love a bag of proper chips. We will defo give them a try.

Just talking about the sad chips here yesterday,so we just went to Harris Scarfe,bought an old fashioned chip pan,and we found a new phenomemon!Lovely chips, in house...Yum Yum.:jiggy:

Guest nurse sue

havent had decent chips from a chippie here in the uk (im in sheffield) for years ... something not quite right about chips these days :biglaugh:

edited to say; just had to laugh at one of the ads at the top of the page after id posted this - it was advertising 'order fish and chips online' :biglaugh:

Guest pasha

that's funny, i spent 7 years in the UK fantasising about 'real' aussie chips with chicken salt whilst eating what i thought as inferior uk chips... i guess it is what you grow up in

having said that, best chips that i ever had were in bordeaux - cooked in goose fat, yum the stuff of dreams

Guest Guest75

Hmmmm......

Back in my deep dark past I had a chippie in Yorkshire. Quite a tradition in our family.

Fat chips cooked i real beef dripping - that's the way to flavour:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Now and again Mrs Tyke will fry hand made chips in the deep fat fryer in our own olive oil - something quite satisfying about that!;)