Why do people make things difficult????

Guest nikkiandlee

Guest nikkiandlee

Trying to gather all my references for my TRA and my old bosses are NOT making things very easy:arghh:.

Toni and Guy will not give me a reference as they have lost the records (the old accountant went Bankrupt) they won't just take my word for it although they remember me as they no longer have specific dates so basically just won't do it:sad:.

Another ex boss has a very busy life so is not sure she could possibly find the time to help, I have just written the reference for her so heres hoping she can press print on her computer and remember to put in headed paper:goofy:.

Did anyone else have these sort of problems???? If so were they overcome and did you get a positive TRA result?

A very miffed Nikki

XX

Trying to gather all my references for my TRA and my old bosses are NOT making things very easy:arghh:.

Toni and Guy will not give me a reference as they have lost the records (the old accountant went Bankrupt) they won't just take my word for it although they remember me as they no longer have specific dates so basically just won't do it:sad:.

Did anyone else have these sort of problems???? If so were they overcome and did you get a positive TRA result?

A very miffed Nikki

XX

Nikki,

Keep trying with your old firms, is there still someone there that you used to work with who can help with the nagging?:realmad:

Dont take no for an answer! Lok at it this way they aint going to sack you for asking!!;)

hi nikki,

sorry to hear that you have such a tough time with your old employers - what a pain :realmad: - and so not what you need right now!

our problem was that the company didn't exist anymore but we managed to get hold of someone of the new company who bought them up - and luckily they did have old records on file. in the end she did confirm the dates ashley worked there but wasn't comfortable to confirm his jobs and things he did - we did all that with a stat. dec which was fine too.

as ian suggested maybe you know people you used to work with, so they can mabye confirm at least the times you worked with them. - are you with an agent??

sorry that i am not a better help but don't give up - it'll all come together in the end!

Guest graandjac

:nah:Hi Nikki,Something that i did was rather than wright to head office asking for a reference i asked the branch manager if he could do it on their headed paper which he was more than happy to do, would one of your ex managers do the same maybe......?:)chin up Cheers Graham

Hi,

I worked as a self employed sub contractor for 12 years, during this time I worked mainly for 5 contractors that were run by one person, none now exist. I wrote a statuary declaration stating the companies and dates I worked for each and that they no longer existed and could not trace the owners, I am still in contact with a site manager who jobs I worked on on and off over the years and he confirmed this. I passed TRA, if you want me to send you my stat dec and reference that backed it up let me know.

Simon

Guest nikkiandlee

I have written an begging letter this should melt his heart hopefully

Dear Ian,

I am writing again to appeal to you to write me a reference to confirm that I worked for your company as a trainee. I understand that it is by principle of Toni and Guy to write a standard reference however I am asking you if you world be so kind as to write a personal reference for me as I am required to prove at least 6 years experience to gain my trade and skills assessment to enable me to apply for a Australian Visa. This would mean a great deal to me and my family however I fully understand if you still feel it inappropriate to help me.

After a lot of contemplation I can quite accurately work out the time period I work for you albeit a short time. I must have started working for you April 2000 as my youngest son was a small baby of only a few months, he was born in November 99. I worked for you until at least Feb. 01 as I completed my NVQ level 2 in April and I finished the last few assessments at Headquarters in Battle road where I started work in March 01. I also remember working for you during Christmas as we all went to the Chinese in Tunbridge Wells to see the Chinese Elvis impersonator and also we spent the last day of work Prior to Christmas in Walkers Cocktail Bar. Also Chris came to work for you from Hair Tech a good few months after I started to work for you, Jody Was the technical Manager. I have given as much information as I can remember in order to have an as accurate time line as possible.

I appreciate you are a very busy man however we are hoping to start a new life to improve my children’s quality of life in Australia. If you however decide you still can not give me the reference I would like to thank you for giving the time to read this letter, also I would like to thank you for going to the trouble to investigate when I worked for you.

I wish you a very successful future

Kindest Regards

Nicola Armstrong

If all else fails I have my tutor at the college who will confirm I worked for Toni and guy while completing my NVQ L2. I was writting to the salon manager and not head office as its a franchise, (sorry not sure of spelling :) ) I will also wait and see what my agent says as it mey not be too much of a problem but in my mind the more refs to prove the experiance the better. I will have to wait and see, luckly I'm quite stubborn and if they push me I will visit them even though they are in Hastings :biglaugh::Randy-git:

Nikki

x

PS thanks everyone for your support :wubclub:

Hi Nikki,

There is another route you can go down to prove you worked there and for the dates. Write a letter to the inland revenue and request a print out of all the companies that you have worked for, this will show the dates and the company name, which you could then take to Tony & Guy. If they remember you working there then they shouldn't have a problem with writing a reference for you as you have the proof from the print out, give them a copy of the relevant page and they can tie up the dates.

Good Luck

Guest dglamoore

We had similar problems with records being lost/companies closing etc. We got in touch with the tax office and asked for a National Insurance history. This shows all the places you worked along with dates. Then we just completed a stat dec describing what the work there involved and this got us through ok. :v_SPIN:

Good luck with it all - the skills part is definitely the worst ;)

Lisa:wubclub:

i hope the inland revenue path works out for you - it hasn't for me :(

they only can show the workhistory if the employer then actually provided enough information - which mine haven't!!!!! - so the relevant ones i need are blank ....

now i am trying to track them down one by one .. which is a rather time consuming and disheartening process!!

good luck with yours nikki - keep being stubborn ;)

Guest graandjac

Same as cormcvcr said and i think the national insurance people do the same, our agent asked me to get a national insurance statment and that went back to when i left school......yeh yeh i know it was a long time ago. Hope you get some joy. Cheers Graham....Just dug this out .......the national insurance contributions agency can also supply a similar document which gives you details for your whole working career ask for a national insurance data protection printout

inland revenue

data protection unit

roomdp4302

longbenton

newcastle-upon-tyne

ne98 izz you need to supply full name....ni number......dob.....previous address......signature

Took this from our agents instructions hope this helps Graham

Guest nikkiandlee

Thanks Jo Thats a lovely thing to say:D.

I have spoken to my agent and she said I don't really need that refernence it would have been nice to have but I only need to go back 6 yrs so thats 2001! Just need to get one from the others now :goofy:, thanks for all the info as i now have something to fall back on if all else fails and i'm sure it will help others also!!

Nikki

xx

Guest Aussiebound
We had similar problems with records being lost/companies closing etc. We got in touch with the tax office and asked for a National Insurance history. This shows all the places you worked along with dates. Then we just completed a stat dec describing what the work there involved and this got us through ok. :v_SPIN:

Good luck with it all - the skills part is definitely the worst ;)

Lisa:wubclub:

We also had to use stat decs for Neils first company where he did his apprecticeship and studied at college.

We found the worse company to be his present employer. All the other where so quick at printing the references but his boss took ages, then made Neil promise never to use it as a reference for another job in this country!

:arghh: Thank god those TRA days are long gone!

Guest chillyanna

i totally agree that the TRA days are the most stressfull:arghh:

i had times of asking my self why do people have to be so stubborn?:confused:

i tried to get a reference from a old employer, even after sending him a copy of my refenence and a nice letter asking for the refenece it was returned to me with a nasty letter saying why he was not willing to supply one for me. xxxx!!:mad:

not to worry though, i just wrote a stat dec telling everything. job done!

just remember everybody, theres always a way;)

paul

Guest happy-jools

Hope you get everything you need Nikki. Its so bloody fustrating.

Will be worth it in the end tho.:wubclub::wubclub:

p.s. and dont mention toni & guy to me. Bad hair experience with them. Bloomen fools. (not you tho!):arghh:

Guest nikkiandlee

I'm persistant if nothing else, and quite annoying when i don't get my own way (so Lee says) :biglaugh:

So I will just pester and pester until they do it just to get rid of me hahahaha;).

It is looking slightly more promising I have been told that two out of three will do me a ref and my college tutor will do one just to make a better argument Just waiting on another old Boss!. Toni and Guy can stuff themselves, the jumped up ********:P

However my current boss has given me the headed paper and told me to write what i need and she will sign!

She is being totally fantastic about the whole thing!:D

am planning to have it all together by the end of Sept (fingers Crossed).

Thanks all for the encouraging words!!!

XXXXX

I'm persistant if nothing else, and quite annoying when i don't get my own way (so Lee says) :biglaugh:

So I will just pester and pester until they do it just to get rid of me hahahaha;).

Toni and Guy can stuff themselves, the jumped up ********:P

am planning to have it all together by the end of Sept (fingers Crossed).

XXXXX

Good for you. Will have to remember not to moan about a haircut!!:shocked:

Guest DiveSamGrevett

We had same trouble, my Husband's former employers had been taken over and didn't keep records back that far. We went to see a solicitor and did an affadavit to confirm exact details of previous employment. It was accepted.

Guest nikkiandlee

OMG got the post this morning to find that Toni and Guy has sent me a very very loose reference and a long letter explaining that its the best they can do !!!!! ;) Bless them at least they tried and i'm gratefull for that!

Never the less its still a reference and along with a stat dec is extra evidence:D, 1 down 5 to go :swoon:. I think when this is all done i may have drunk my way through most of SA wine!!!!!

Nikki

XX

That's great news!

They must have had a concience after all, either that or you made a bit more of an impact on them than you thought, but all good just the same.

When I was told that it was a long and hard journey trying to emigrate, I just laughed and thought I know it will be difficult, but OMG as to how difficult I don't think I could ever have been prepared!!!!

It's hard and frustrating when you are trying to gather the evidence, but at least you feel that you are having an input and how quickly you get the information they need has a knock on effect of how quickly you can submit the info and get a response back.

BUT......the waiting!!!! I used to think I was quite a patient person, I have since changed my mind on that one.

Best of luck with the rest of your evidence gathering.

OMG got the post this morning to find that Toni and Guy has sent me a very very loose reference and a long letter explaining that its the best they can do !!!!! ;) Bless them at least they tried and i'm gratefull for that!

Never the less its still a reference and along with a stat dec is extra evidence:D, 1 down 5 to go :swoon:. I think when this is all done i may have drunk my way through most of SA wine!!!!!

Nikki

XX

Must have been the "Nikki Hairdryer" :realmad:treatment that done it!!!

Good for you, soon be done then you will forget all about it!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nikkiandlee

Well I actually have all but 1 references, the last one is not necessary as I was self employed but would have been nice to have! I will pester a bit more just incase she gives in under pressure :Randy-git:.

Still just paperwork to fill in and getting stat decs and all things certified then job done :) can't belive it!!!

God only knows what i'm gonna be like sorting Visa out :goofy:, I understand there are still more vinyards to get through :biglaugh:!!!!!

Nikki

XXX