What do you miss about England? Need ideas for British stall...

Sallyh

No problem Claire and A&L, I try and remember to put a post up as soon as I hear the date - although I'm a bit slow: last year was the third or fourth time we've been and I only worked out then that it's always held on the weekend nearest to the winter solstice here, which according to the Sydney Observatory, is on Monday 21st June this year, so I'm guessing it will be the Saturday before that! Might ring Mylor primary school tomorrow to check if they have fixed date yet. It always seems a bit of a long drive up into the hills on the way there, but a lot quicker on the way home, so don't be put off by looking at a map!

a good curry

stevo

Stevo, have you tried the place at Pelican Plaza - Saffron I think it's called? - the guy cookig there is lovely and sounded like he was up for a challenge, so if you have a fave Indian dish you're missing, pop in and see him and see if he can whip you something up! We were talking last night about organising a pommy group meal up there (he said he gets so bored with having to cook Butter Chicken for all the Ozzies who won't try anything else!!)

Guest Guest75
Toasted teacakes, proper crumpets, yorkshire puddings and angel delight.

The best Yorkshires I have ever tasted are cooked by Mrs Tyke - here in Adelaide. Better than back in the UK!!:D:D