Guest The Dimmocks

What Tree/Bush?????

Guest The Dimmocks

Driving South down Main South Road around the Happy Valley/O'Halloran Hill area, just before Candy Road turning was a tree/bush. The flowers were a really bright purple colour and would love to know what it was.

Can anyone one help.

Michelle xx

The Jacarandas that come out in the lead-up to Christmas are purple - they are trees? Alternatively, we have a dark purple shrub called Geisha Girl that is pretty spectacular, but not out yet.... not sure if it might have been one of them?

Hi Michelle

At the moment I cant remember what the tree is called but there are some streets covered in them as you get towards Christmas you'll see more and more of them, aparently when you see them you know Christmas is coming (that's what one of my Aussie friends told me)

They are spectacular aren't they :o

Kim

Guest The Dimmocks

It was such a bright purple (my favourite colour), will try and get a picture next time passing but it a fast road so may not be able to take one. Will look up all the ones you put and see if it any of them.

Thanks all

Guest The Dimmocks

Looked up names of trees people suggested. If definately not a Wisteria, as flowers didnt drop down. Think it may be a Jacarandas but the purple was such a deep purple all pictures only show a lightish purple.

Michelle x