Guest Mitchell

ACS are being helpful yay!

Guest Mitchell

Just heard from my visa agent that the Australian Computer Society are prepared to make me a special case! I needed to write up 2 projects for my skills assessment and 1 needed to be in the last 3 years. This was a problem as I work in defense and what I actually do is covered by the official secrets act. They have said that I can do both from the last 5 years meaning I can cover projects from when I worked for a mortgage broker. Such a relief! Just need to write up the projects now :S a lot of work to do especially as I'm about to get a temp (6 month) promotion despite only being here 3 months!!! Am feeling pretty pleased with myself at the mo.

Great news, obviously you could have told them about the work you've been doing recently... but then you'd have had to kill them!!! They are obviously cautiious types!

My husband had a similar problem as he worked on security cleared projects back in the UK and he was able to get his references from the agents etc! It all seemed quite reasonable really compared to some of the other hoops you have to go through!

Good luck