the fishers

Sarah Homes, Rivergum !!!

Hi - ha! where do you want me to start?

We bought a block of land last year and decided to build with Sarah Homes...the salesman, was very keen (they all are, at first). We made a lot of changes to the plan of the house - and Sarah Homes (well, our Salesman)couldnt seem to cope with this - he made too many errors and we had to go over the costings with a fine tooth comb - (many times adding costs where things should have been taken off)....this saga went of for a couple of months, we had even paid $2K and signed a contract - when we realised that we couldnt continue with all the inconsistences....we even met up with the Sales manager, but he was just as incompetent...... So, we got out of the contract, and met up with Rivergum....

Rivergum, were fab, we had a great salesman - he came to our house to sort everything out (where we had to go all over the place to meet SH)...

From start to finish I think Rivergum have been great....they more or less did everything they said they would do - we have been living in our house now since October...there was a small snag list - but nothing major.......I have been impressed with Rivergum and infact, we are building again with them.

Grant Milne - was our Salesman - and I can highly recommend him.

Hope this helps

Sarahx

Guest Guest5035

Think they are all just made out of wood, no bricks, i might be wrong though.

Stevo

Guest Damien

No they do some brick houses too. The brickwork is just a veneer here, not structural so the houses are no better built than the timber clad ones.

Guest Paul Mc
    Hi - ha! where do you want me to start?

We bought a block of land last year and decided to build with Sarah Homes...the salesman, was very keen (they all are, at first). We made a lot of changes to the plan of the house - and Sarah Homes (well, our Salesman)couldnt seem to cope with this - he made too many errors and we had to go over the costings with a fine tooth comb - (many times adding costs where things should have been taken off)....this saga went of for a couple of months, we had even paid $2K and signed a contract - when we realised that we couldnt continue with all the inconsistences....we even met up with the Sales manager, but he was just as incompetent...... So, we got out of the contract, and met up with Rivergum....

Rivergum, were fab, we had a great salesman - he came to our house to sort everything out (where we had to go all over the place to meet SH)...

From start to finish I think Rivergum have been great....they more or less did everything they said they would do - we have been living in our house now since October...there was a small snag list - but nothing major.......I have been impressed with Rivergum and infact, we are building again with them.

Grant Milne - was our Salesman - and I can highly recommend him.

Hope this helps

Sarahx

Sarah,

I am pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable experience with our company and are building again with us. Please contact me so I can offer a small token of our appreciation.

Kind regards

Paul McGavin

Retail Sales manager

Rivergum Homes

p.mcgavin@rivergumhomes.com.au

Guest Paul Mc

Dear Hedi & Hamish,

Welcome to Adelaide! As a welcome gesture I would like to offer you a $1,000.00 selections voucher if you chose to build with Rivergum Homes.

Kind regards

Paul McGavin

Retail Sales Manager

Rivergum Homes

p.mcgavin@rivergumhomes.com.au

Guest Paul Mc

Kangomik,

From one cynic to another, No another happy customer of ours drew my attention to the thread and I was just offering some hospitality & thanks.

Kind regards

Paul

I must admit I do like Rivergum designs.

We used Oakford as recommended by a friend and amended design no problems adding (amongst other things) double glazing and extra insulation (up in the hills). We were in UK whilst the build took place and communication was fine (although we did have mates in Oz to check the build and send us photos etc.) Snagging list after completion was quickly and efficiently sorted, our only real problem was that we had to pay for extra drainage as they had underestimated requirement and run off flooded a neighbours garden!! But we would have had to pay for this if they had included it initially just the extra hassle factor and a gift voucher from a local garden centre for the neighbours so they could replace some plants!!

Good communication is really important you need to get good fast responses to queries after all it is a lot of money you are spending.

Guest Amanda

We built with Rivergum just over a year ago. Overall, we are quite happy with our house.

Guest Guest5035
    Kangomik,

From one cynic to another, No another happy customer of ours drew my attention to the thread and I was just offering some hospitality & thanks.

Kind regards

Paul

Paul,

i think your houses are superb in design, features, quality and price, i would recommend them to anyone....

Stevo

James Boags or TED'S will do....:biglaugh:

Thanks guys,

Thanks For the voucher Paul MC will be sure to use it if we decide on Rivergum... Where do you work from would like to come and have a chat!

Heidi

x