BP Boycott

Guest boesman

Guest boesman

Hi all, hope they don't give me the boot for this, but got this email about boycotting BP. They want everyone world wide to put in fuel anywhere exept at a BP station so that petrol prices could be lowered. There is a whole explanation on how it works and I am defo doing it. The prices are a crying shame and is just continueing to rise so i'll be doing my bit!

Cheers

Guest kangomik

LOL

thats an old old email.

How are you going to stop fuel use? you have to walk.:biglaugh:

It's like tax on cigs in the UK............. people stop smoking so they raise the price.

You stop using fuel for pleasure trips and the price will rise, surely this is not rocket science, we all need the stuff to get to work, get our goods in the shops, get out gear from blighty to here in Aus, even if some decide to send it back again:D

It's far bigger than banning use of one fuel company:biglaugh::biglaugh:

That email and all the supporting 'evidence' of how it might work was originally nothing more than a chain letter type thing (in fact, it used to contain attachments giving further details and these contained viruses). Tons of references to it on websites about hoaxes and chain letters.

It's never amounted to anything positive whenever it's rolled around once more over the years and won't make any difference this time.

Jim

Guest kangomik

There's a price war every day mate, you can get up to 10 cents variation between stations in a district now, and thats not on the day they go up.

This rattles me, and it's the same as in the UK, whenever an election is on the price of fuel drops, when ever they need a few billion dollars the price of fuel rises. Why? Because it's probably the most used liquid we have. You caqnnot do much with out, so by charging everyone a few cents extra it adds billions to the coffers.

I know this is a touchy subject with some, but it's a stealth tax, add it on to the QLD flood levy and god know what else and normal joe will be paying 500 bux more a year. That dollar a week suddenly rose to 10 a week.

Diesel was 1.55 in one servo today on south road, how many K's a year do you have to do to make owning a diesel car economically viable?

The thing that cracks me up, we moan about the price of fuel, but per litre it's still cheaper than bottled water (sold seperately) and beer........... Don't mention wine that gets silly LOL

Is it me or have they changed the cheap days now? It always used to be Tuesday, then it went to Wednesday, and now I have no idea when it is! Apart from they always seem to somehow sense when my tank is down to the dregs and put it up 20c a litre just then!

Anyone know what the weekly fuel price cycle is these days??

Oh and apparently a petrol station on Anzac Highway was selling it for $1.023 per litre this morning Heaps (sponsored by some radio station!) so you were done!