Moving to Oz

Guest honestjoe

Guest honestjoe

We started our application in 2008 and finally have been asked to have medicals, so have been booked for 11/04/11. My husband is a carpenter and we have two girls almost 8 and just 4. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. Keep asking ourselves is this the right thing to do ???

Any help/advice anyone can give us on good areas to live in Adelaide would be much appreciated. Best schools ? Kindy for my youngest ? We would ideally like to be within 30min drive to the beach and not bothered about being close to the city as we live in a villiage in Lichfield Staffordshire at the moment so would be happy to live in an area with a village feel. If all ok with medicals and police checks we are planning a trip out to check things out as soon as we can arrange it.

Thanks

Guest Steph&Lee

HI,

We are looking at Hallet Cove, Morphett Vale and Happy Vale areas.

We also live in Staffordshire in Cannock.

Good Luck with your meds

Steph

Guest Pam777

I live in woodcroft which is a great area, close to Morphett Vale (has good and bad areas), happy Valley which is a nice area too, Aberfoyle park all about 10 mins to beach.

My kids go to school in Reynella, Reynella pimary up to yr 7 then my 13 yr old has just started at Reynella East College (yr 8). My daughter went to kindy also in reynella which was good too.

good luck with your plans

Pam

Everywhere has good and bad...the only you can compare is to compare them to where you live now.

We lived in Seaford for 2 years then moved further south down to Aldinga Beach proper vilage field about it....about 45 mins drive to thew city i reckon.

Great beaches all doen the coast here from Semaphore right down....only you can decode on where you want to live...you have to ask yourself some questions about what you want from where you want to live.

Beaches

schools

public transport

hospitals

shops

etc etc ask yourself and your family how important these things are to you then you can get some sort of idea of where you want to be...but sometimes due to location of rentals you may have to be a bit further awy from where you want to be.

HG

Hi Steph and Jo

Small world hey Im also from Cannock been here nearly 4 years and loving it :D I grow up on the Rumer Hill estate

I live in Morphett Vale and love it 5 mins to the beach, 5 mins to large shopping centre and only 20 minutes to the city on a good day !!!

All our kids a have attended and still are attending Reynella East College, and doing well.

We started our application in 2008 and finally have been asked to have medicals, so have been booked for 11/04/11. My husband is a carpenter and we have two girls almost 8 and just 4. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. Keep asking ourselves is this the right thing to do ???

Any help/advice anyone can give us on good areas to live in Adelaide would be much appreciated. Best schools ? Kindy for my youngest ? We would ideally like to be within 30min drive to the beach and not bothered about being close to the city as we live in a villiage in Lichfield Staffordshire at the moment so would be happy to live in an area with a village feel. If all ok with medicals and police checks we are planning a trip out to check things out as soon as we can arrange it.

Thanks

Hi Welcome to the site, As Heaps Good says it really depends on what you feel about an area when you arrive so coming over for a look around is really a good idea if you can spare the time and money.

We live in Moana/Seaford/Port Noarlunga South area right by the beach, great for the kids to spend hours on, close to Seaford shopping centre, which is expanding, close to good schools and transport links with the new railway line being built from Noarlunga Centre to Seaford this will take you straight into the City. If your wine drinkers we are 5 minutes drive to Mclaren Vale wine district so come over and have a good look around you'll know when you drive round an area if its right for you.

Good luck with the rest of your planning!!!

AND IMHO.... YES IT REALLY IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!!! :o

Kim

x

Hi, We to started the process 2008 and have just booked our flights for 6th Sept this year. We have looked at loads of areas, and have just secured a rental in Mona area,just up from Seaford, keep in touch if you like and if you do get to fly out, would love to hear from you on any areas visited. I have 3 young boys 6,3 and 10 months, but my sister and family are coming too and she has 3 girls, 4 and under, so excited but very scared too!!! Good luck