Anyone in Yorkshire?

Guest helene73

Guest TheYales

Hi All,

We left North Yorkshire on Friday and arrived in Adelaide on Sunday! We left Newcastle airport in a blaze of sunshine waving goodbye to family and friends... so it was a lovely send off!

Great flights with Emirates and have found fab apt to crash until we find our first home.

Best of luck to you all, hope to see you northerners out here very soon!

Up the Boro!!!

Annie & Anthony

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest helene73
sorry its taken so long to reply we are from Thackley and hoping to settle in Noarlunga or Christies.

Don't worry I am surprised any of us have time to come on here with the amount of time visa's take up,

I am not sure where we would like to settle in the long run, I am thinking live in the city then check out area's.

I got a positive result for my TRA and

SS has been lodged now :)

You any further along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from the Dearne...an unwanted area between Barnsley, Donny and Rotherham, Rotherham post code and telephone area code, covered by Barnsley Council. But i have always classed myself as being a Barnsley lass :) My husband is from Barnsley too. We're living in Plymouth at the moment but will be moving back up north before we move to Adelaide!

I work for Barnsley Council (for my sins - so there must have been many!!) You'll have to let us know when you are back in 'sunny Barnsley' and we can compare notes with a drink or two :o

You are futher along the process than us. We sent our SS stuff off just over a week ago and have our fingers crossed that it's all good! Currently on with the visa info.

Good luck with everything...

Rachael

I work for Barnsley Council (for my sins - so there must have been many!!) You'll have to let us know when you are back in 'sunny Barnsley' and we can compare notes with a drink or two :o

You are futher along the process than us. We sent our SS stuff off just over a week ago and have our fingers crossed that it's all good! Currently on with the visa info.

Good luck with everything...

Rachael

We have a few people in our family that work for them! At the moment we are waiting for medicals to be changed to met, and sort out his military stuff then we should (fingers crossed) have our visa. SS shouldnt take long, i'm sure it will be all good, i've not heard of anyone being refused it either so you should be fine. Where abouts in tarn are you from? We're back up at the weekend for a flying visit (Sheff U vs. Barnsley, probably the last match we'll see!:err:). Good luck to you too.

Bev

We have a few people in our family that work for them! At the moment we are waiting for medicals to be changed to met, and sort out his military stuff then we should (fingers crossed) have our visa. SS shouldnt take long, i'm sure it will be all good, i've not heard of anyone being refused it either so you should be fine. Where abouts in tarn are you from? We're back up at the weekend for a flying visit (Sheff U vs. Barnsley, probably the last match we'll see!:err:). Good luck to you too.

Bev

I have PM'd you...

Guest helene73

Good luck to all that made the SA SS deadline and now more of our favourite pastime........WAITING!!!

By the end of this I am hoping I will be left having the patients of a saint lmao

Guest Guest75
Good luck to all that made the SA SS deadline and now more of our favourite pastime........WAITING!!!

By the end of this I am hoping I will be left having the patients of a saint lmao

Aye, good luck everyone.

This visa stuff is horrible.

Worth the wait though :cute::cute:

Guest SusieOR

I'm from Leeds originally... but currently live in Ireland!!! but am back & forth to Yorkshire every now & again to see family & friends!!!

Sx

Guest helene73
I'm from Leeds originally... but currently live in Ireland!!! but am back & forth to Yorkshire every now & again to see family & friends!!!

Sx

Hi susie and welcome to our Yorkshire thread :)

Guest helene73

Taking another huge gamble again and started on my visa, sent info requested to my agent and first payment so fingers crossed I get my SS or I will be out of pocket on this one lol :)

Guest Steve O

Yes, I'm in Halifax waiting on a reply from Engineering Australia before I can submit my state sponsorship application form. Currently using an agency with regards my application (not sure if good idea). IELTS to sit next!!!!!

Guest helene73
GOOD LUCK.

only a month or so away once you have a C/O.

When we booked our meds for Manchester we only just got in on time.

Maybe worth booking in advance if you are so close.

Good luck with everything.

Trev,Vicki and Lauren

Bradford.

I am well excited for you :)))

Hi All!!!!

We are a family of 3....Alex(40, Welder), Me-Allison (41, Physio Asst) and Connor (14 and so not up for it)

We live in Oakworth, over't ill from Haworth(Bronte Country) near Keighley/Bradford in West Yorks.

We have just had our medicals done in Manchester last week..........Son nearly had a fit he had to pee in a pot!......Nearly walked out...(he did actually but we managed to talk him round in the end!) Anyway our main struggle as you have guessed is our son who is adamant he is not making the move. We know in the longrun he will love it and would benefit him in his future. Our other hurdle is he is petrified of flying.........

Not to worry all will come right in the end.....................................................

Guest helene73
Hi All!!!!

We are a family of 3....Alex(40, Welder), Me-Allison (41, Physio Asst) and Connor (14 and so not up for it)

We live in Oakworth, over't ill from Haworth(Bronte Country) near Keighley/Bradford in West Yorks.

We have just had our medicals done in Manchester last week..........Son nearly had a fit he had to pee in a pot!......Nearly walked out...(he did actually but we managed to talk him round in the end!) Anyway our main struggle as you have guessed is our son who is adamant he is not making the move. We know in the longrun he will love it and would benefit him in his future. Our other hurdle is he is petrified of flying.........

Not to worry all will come right in the end.....................................................

Hello :) sorry but I am laughing like hell about your son and his medical.

Could you not take him on one of the airport courses for terrified flyers? Falling that tranquillise him lol

Has you son ever been to Australia?

14 is a funny age they are hormonal (which won't help) and the idea of leaving their friends is heartbreaking to them they don't realise that come 2 years time when they leave school they will be lucky if they are still friends when everyone moves on with there lives. Friends come and go unfortunately that's life we know that.

Get him on here I have seen threads of kids his age trying to make friends and get to know people before they get out to oz. He will come round in the end though it sounds like he will fight you every step of the way.

Good luck with him :)

Helene

Guest dwethe

Was assigned our CO yesterday, already booked medicals for 2nd June. Can't wait for future in oz (fingers crossed) I can imagine the results will seem to take for ever.....

Guest abbiedog

hi, we live in derbyshire just off junction 28 M1, we hope to be out in August. We have two children aged 9 and 7 so a bit younger than yours. Waiting on my medical kids and hubby passed, got the notice in 3 weeks but mine has been referred, cant believe it after 2 years of waiting.