Anyone in Yorkshire?

Guest helene73

Guest helene73
Just seen a role call for Yorkies. Yes we're from the old West Riding and been living in Paradise for almost two years now. Best of luck and give us a shout when you all get over. As Tyke said there's plenty of us over here. Maybe we should all get together on Yorkshire day and reminisce about working 60 hour shifts, 9 day a week and the joys of pigeon racing ;)

Mint idea :) and we can all wear our flat caps!! Lmao x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest helene73

Great we have found quite a few Yorkshire folk :)

Now I am just hoping I make all the deadlines so I can join you in oz :)

Guest helene73
We are from sunny Bradford.

Moving over to Adelaide in Sept.

Trevor, Vicki and Lauren

You lucky thing so jealous, where are you looking at living? :)

Guest helene73
We are originally from Swinton, Rotherham in South Yorkshire and have been here just over 5 months now. Eee by gum, its lovely here in Port Noarlunga :)

Is it all you dreamed it would be? :)

Guest mez10
I am from Barnsley originally!! Where abuts are you? We went back at christmas and got stuck In all that snow, never been so cold in my life!!!! :-)

Another one here from Barnsley! (Darfield lad) We've been here a year now and we love it! I still stay up to listen to Barnsley FC on the web site. Wife thinks I'm mad + all our Aussy mates.

Guest guest3462

All my best friends here are from Yorkshire- there seems to be a large community of Toby tykes down here in the southern suburbs- funny how we all moved south and took over eh?

Now then Yorkies, we are in York got our visa so now just waiting for the house to sell. Summer will soon be here and wonder if any of you still in sunny yorkshire would like to get together sometime for a BBQ at our place? Would be great to meet up and get to know a few people before we go.

Guest helene73
Now then Yorkies, we are in York got our visa so now just waiting for the house to sell. Summer will soon be here and wonder if any of you still in sunny yorkshire would like to get together sometime for a BBQ at our place? Would be great to meet up and get to know a few people before we go.

You lucky things :) I am down the road in Scarborough, just waiting to lodge SS so I am a fair way behind you :( it would be great to meet up and discuss your experiences with the visa process :) x

Guest helene73

Well no TRA results this week hopefully next week :) SS now ready to submit. I hate all this waiting.

There are so many Yorkshire people here...and in the process of moving here it's amazing!

My hubby grew up in Batley and attended the grammar school when it was still a boys only school. Batley's real claim to fame was the Batley variety club on Bradford Road. He took me there when it was the Frontier!

We have friends from Mirfield who are moving here in December. They activated their visas two years ago and have finaly sold their house.

On our last visit there this famous quote from my father in law comes to mind..."ya cant get a decent bit of boiled ham in Dewsbury na more'!

Tamara

There are so many Yorkshire people here...and in the process of moving here it's amazing!

My hubby grew up in Batley and attended the grammar school when it was still a boys only school. Batley's real claim to fame was the Batley variety club on Bradford Road. He took me there when it was the Frontier!

We have friends from Mirfield who are moving here in December. They activated their visas two years ago and have finaly sold their house.

On our last visit there this famous quote from my father in law comes to mind..."ya cant get a decent bit of boiled ham in Dewsbury na more'!

Tamara

I remember seeing chubby Brown at the Frontier. Those were the days.

Still waiting for our visa to be finalised so will contact you as soon as re rental for next year. Cheers Janice.

Hi I am new to using the forum however i have been a member for some time,

We are from Leeds, and the process from the start to where we are now has been a long one and had its ups and its downs too.

We are going for our meds next week so we are hopefully nearly there.

We are all excited,about the dream possibilities that may happen at last-

They PIA has ben great for infomation and it feels good not to feel like the only ones who are going through the same processes,

cheers

Andy

Where abouts in Leeds are you. We are in Churwell nr Morley. We had Meds 4 March in Manchester just waiting for the golden ticket now.

now then yorkies, we are in york got our visa so now just waiting for the house to sell. Summer will soon be here and wonder if any of you still in sunny yorkshire would like to get together sometime for a bbq at our place? Would be great to meet up and get to know a few people before we go.

great idea!!!!!!!

Guest hulltigers
Well no TRA results this week hopefully next week :) SS now ready to submit. I hate all this waiting.

hya there, we are in hallett cove been here 18 months now and we are from Hull, East Yorkshire.

Guest helene73
hya there, we are in hallett cove been here 18 months now and we are from Hull, East Yorkshire.

Hi I am originally from bridlington but now live in Scarborough, spent many a wild night out in hull :) x

Guest nicandchris

Hi there again, glad that you put this post on and have to catch up here in scarborough at some point. beautiful here at the moment ive been in the garden sunning all day after a lovely bbq!

Cant wait to head over to Adelaide however!! x

nic

Guest helene73
Hi there again, glad that you put this post on and have to catch up here in scarborough at some point. beautiful here at the moment ive been in the garden sunning all day after a lovely bbq!

Cant wait to head over to Adelaide however!! x

nic

Sounds good I will pm you my number :) x