Help!!!!

Guest Viksta

Guest Viksta

Hi all

Myself and my family have just started the whole process of moving down under and have been advised to get SS in South Australia!

Totally over whelmed by what needs to happen now!

Can't believe how long it is taking some people!

Any advise would be warmly recieved!! i have a lovely hubby and 2 gorgeous boys - Charlie 3, Toby 7 months! Is Adelaide a good place to live, I've been reading mixed reviews!

And as for where to live???!!!!???? I'm a primary teacher, are there any others on here??

would love to hear from people!!:P

Guest Amanda12

Hi viksta

I'm at the start of the process too so can't really help.

Adelaide looks like a fab place to live and bring up children. We are looking for a job for OH so we can go on 457 employer sponsorship but not having much luck so far.

The forum is a mine of information so I'm sure you'll find lots of answers to any questions.

Good luck :)

Guest Viksta

Yeah we're using an agent - and they are really helpful, but it still feels like i'm way out of my depth! Probably because its all on me as I'm the main applicant as a teacher! Are you in Oz or Uk?

Hi, and good luck with your application!

Adelaide is a lovely place to bring up children........plenty of parks, gardens playgrounds; not to mention the beaches, hills and countryside.

Its a quiet town, not as frenetic as other state capitals; but recent reports show Adelaide is still the "cheapest" city to rent in Australia, housing stock is also better..........but that depends on where you want to live, and what you can afford.

The forum is very useful; most people are positive, and have all "been there", some specific questions will get answered in detail. There is always someone who can help with advice...........be it schools, jobs, places to go; you will find what you want........

Guest helene73
Yeah we're using an agent - and they are really helpful, but it still feels like i'm way out of my depth! Probably because its all on me as I'm the main applicant as a teacher! Are you in Oz or Uk?

I am in the UK just going through it myself, :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all

Myself and my family have just started the whole process of moving down under and have been advised to get SS in South Australia!

Totally over whelmed by what needs to happen now!

Can't believe how long it is taking some people!

Any advise would be warmly recieved!! i have a lovely hubby and 2 gorgeous boys - Charlie 3, Toby 7 months! Is Adelaide a good place to live, I've been reading mixed reviews!

And as for where to live???!!!!???? I'm a primary teacher, are there any others on here??

would love to hear from people!!:P

We first contacted our agent at the end of 2007. Started getting all paperwork together feb 2008. The Diac made loads of changes which effected us at every hurdel. We have now done our medicals and are waiting for our visa (last Hurdel) which seems to be taking ages again. We have 4 boys 7,6,3 and 5 months and cant wait to move now. Good luck with your visa hope it doesnt take you as long.

Guest Mizzmp

To get SS from South Australia you need to apply by 2nd May this year latest (unless you are still ok to apply under new 1st July points system).

You get your skills tested and all your work exp evidence together and apply for ss online. You then have 30 days to get the paperwork to them in hardcopy. We couriered ours and paid £35 but well worth it. Its then around 8 weeks til they say yes or no. You need to check their ss skills list as some skills are already "not available"

Once you have your ss you can apply for the actual visa.

Could be worth contacting some schools to see if they show any interest or are recruiting.

Good luck.