Hi everyone

Guest angiewebster

Guest angiewebster

Hello,

Let me introduce myself and my family:

Me (Angie), hubby Mark (main applicant) and son Oliver (13), we live near Telford in Shropshire.

We began our dream of moving to Oz a few years ago but it became real following a visit to see my Dad in Sydney last summer (or winter should I say!!).

We are hoping to move out after July 2013 when my hubby finishes his contract in the RAF.

Lodged with TRA Jan 2011, TRA successful March 2011.

SS lodged 28/03/11 and approved 28/04/11.

176 visa lodged 'tomorrow' ;) hopefully.

Now the fun begins!! Its a good job we are patient but by the looks of some of the processing times we may not need to be!!!

Angie

Guest SusieOR
Hello,

Me (Angie), hubby Mark (main applicant) and son Oliver (13), we live near Telford in Shropshire.

We began our dream of moving to Oz a few years ago but it became real following a visit to see my Dad in Sydney last summer (or winter should I say!!).

We are hoping to move out after July 2013 when my hubby finishes his contract in the RAF.

Now the fun begins!! Its a good job we are patient but by the looks of some of the processing times we may not need to be!!!

Angie

Hi Angie,

Good Luck with your plans... only just joined this site myself:)

Why have you decided on Adelaide?

Good Luck... Susie x

Guest angiewebster
Hi Angie,

Good Luck with your plans... only just joined this site myself:)

Why have you decided on Adelaide?

Good Luck... Susie x

Hi Susie

Thanks for the good luck wishes - hope your process goes well too!

We have done a lot of research into where to live in Australia. We didn't want to live on my Dad's doorstep but it is difficult to get into NSW anyway. He lives in a populated area of Sydney so couldn't sponsor us anyway.

Adelaide seemed perfect for us as a family, being affordable and not too hot in comparison to Queensland or Perth and the SMP had Mark's trade on the Occupation List.

Its all very exciting but nerve racking at the same time isn't it?

How about you, what made you decide on South Australia?

Angie x

Guest SusieOR
Hi Susie

Thanks for the good luck wishes - hope your process goes well too!

We have done a lot of research into where to live in Australia. We didn't want to live on my Dad's doorstep but it is difficult to get into NSW anyway. He lives in a populated area of Sydney so couldn't sponsor us anyway.

Adelaide seemed perfect for us as a family, being affordable and not too hot in comparison to Queensland or Perth and the SMP had Mark's trade on the Occupation List.

Its all very exciting but nerve racking at the same time isn't it?

How about you, what made you decide on South Australia?

Angie x

It is such a bit thing... but as you say exciting too. We have been trying to get things sorted since 2008 & originally applied to WA for sponsorship...

We have hit numerous brick walls & the latest one was last Dec when WA removed my hubby's occupation from their migration plan!!! So we could either wait it out at Cat4 for a state which doesnt want us anymore... or we could look elsewhere... after a lot of research we decided we would apply to SA instead as it seems like a fab place & they still have cabinet maker on their lists!!!

Hopefully we will c u there :D

Sx

Guest angiewebster
Hello and good luck with everything, hope everything works out well for you.

Lesley & Jimmy

Hi Lesley and Jimmy

Wow. I was looking at your progress since you got a case officer, it was dealt with pretty quick hey?

Any progress on selling your house?

Bet you can't wait to book your one way flights - do you know where you want to settle yet?

We lodged our main visa application this afternoon so fingers, eyes and toes crossed now!!

Good luck!!

Angie x

Hello,

Angie

Hi there welcome to pia. You dont live to far away from us then . my parents live in market drayton, we are from crewe. Good luck with your visa app, we are nearing the end of ours just a few more things to sort out, its a long process but woth it..

Guest The Standalofts
Hi Lesley and Jimmy

Wow. I was looking at your progress since you got a case officer, it was dea

Hi Angie

Your right, after waiting for ages for everything the last lap was the quickest.

Still no joy in selling up - hopeful that the good weather will see it sold shortly, so we can buy the golden one way ticket, think the nerves will really kick in then!

I have been looking at Hallet Cove or surrounding area, however, Jimmy is worried he wont get work close by and is thinking of Northen Adelaide. We plan on taking a months holiday rental in Southern Adelaide when we arrive, then get a rental for 6-12mths before buying anything. Have you thought about where you would like to go?

Lesley

Guest Steve O

Hi I am Steve (main applicant) trying to decide between South Australia or Victoria!!! Cannot lodge SS until results from my competency report are sent hopefully early June.