Omg

Guest samog

Guest samog

Hi Guys

Well I have been lurking for a while too scared to post incase our dreams did not come true but today OH received his job offer from Adelaide:arghh::arghh:

I don't know if I am scared, excited or just in a blind panic!!! Where do I start, what do I do, I have never even been to Oz but OH is in love with it.... and now I am moving there!!

Any tips on how to survive the next few months will be greatly appreciated xx

Guest SusieOR
Hi Guys

Well I have been lurking for a while too scared to post incase our dreams did not come true but today OH received his job offer from Adelaide:arghh::arghh:

I don't know if I am scared, excited or just in a blind panic!!! Where do I start, what do I do, I have never even been to Oz but OH is in love with it.... and now I am moving there!!

Any tips on how to survive the next few months will be greatly appreciated xx

You have done the first thing... join in with us ( we are a nice bunch :biglaugh:) this place will keep you sane!!!

Best Wishes with your move... second thing to do is take a big breath & deal with 1 thing at a time otherwise you will get overwhelmed with it all...

Oz is a lovely place...

Good Luck Sx

Guest gymnast11

wow, im sure u will be fine, take a deep breath first and everything else will just follow, my friend was in oz in 6 weeks after getting a job in brisbane and the firm done all the work for them, relocation package, im sure u will av the same thing best of luck to u all x x x

Guest HelenB

Hi I am also really new to this! My husband had a job offer last month and I have never even been to Oz! I cant tell you about the process as I am only starting it now but we did visit last 2 weeks ago for 10 days! and it seemed like a great place - even in Autumn + and - , but that's the same everywhere!

Good Luck!

Guest Opportunities

Welcome...!!! Like Susie said, first things first and you've done that... you've joined the movement to OZ!

Visited Oz last year, I know different people like different things, but what's not to like in Adelaide?

It is beautiful, well organised and the people are a pleasure! It is family friendly and I assume that is why you are making the move, for the family. You will have an awesome time and life there.

We are moving over in December 2011 and although it is emotional for the rest of the family that stay behind, we as a unit, are so much looking forward to the move!

Will think of you guys. Good luck with all the planning. One day at a time...baby steps will get you there although one feels like taking giant leeps!

Karen

x

Hi couldn't agree more we had our visa granted 3 weeks ago after a 3 month wait and still feeling completely fantastic,nervous and lots more. Familt are not sure about it at all and findng it quite difficult to deal with but we know it is our dream and has been for some years so have to give it a go and can't wait.

Good luck with your move an I am sure you will love it as everybody seems to.

Alan(44) Marie(42) Amelia(11) Eva(10) Sammy dog (nearly 2)

Visa granted 20 May 2011 still can't quite believe it.

Guest samog

Ah thanks so much guys for the replies, it's great to know so many people think so highly of Adelaide. We are moving as a family, Hubby, me, son (13) 2 dogs and 2 cats and it does strike us as a very family friendly place.

I am so excited but nervous at the same time, it will be strange to land and not know a single other person:goofy:.

No doubt I will keep you all busy with question after question but I wish all of you well and one day we may be neighbours :biglaugh:

Hi,

We are moving to Adelaide once we sign the contracts just accepted an offer, I dont have a job offer to go with however i have a few people to contact who are willing to have a chat with me,

We are going to get a short term rent for a couple of weeks well 4-6 fully furnished just so we can get ourselves settled so to speak . As long as we can get in to the CBD within the hour or less that will be ok,then once I have found work(as a chef) we then will look for some thing unfurnished and more permanent,

When we arrive we are going to hire a car then buy a used one just to get to A to B, Fill out all the neccessary forms etc..,activate bank accounts

well thats were we hope to do anyway, all the best

Andrew