Playing semi pro football in adelaide

Guest benjamin_27

We never turn anyone away due to race, but I feel very much at home being in an atmosphere of Anglo/Australian people.

We are in here (this forum) to mix with other POMS, do you frequent Greeks in Adelaide?

I don't want people to get the idea that there is anything wrong with Greek/Italian (or whatever) clubs here in Adelaide, or that they wouldn't be welcoming. If you are a good player they will be interested. There are loads of nationalities at my son's 'Greek/Italian' club.

Ktee, as I tried to point out, football is different wherever you are in Aus.

But in each state there are 2 footballs, what some call soccer and another with a game that is played with something that is not completely round.

Jeez don't they think the game is complicated enough for us women without them confusing us with the blinkin name:goofy:

Guest Guest5035

some women are alot tougher than the "men" that play it, and thats all i'll say, got myself red carded last time on the subject.

stevo

I don't want people to get the idea that there is anything wrong with Greek/Italian (or whatever) clubs here in Adelaide, or that they wouldn't be welcoming. If you are a good player they will be interested. There are loads of nationalities at my son's 'Greek/Italian' club.

I think I said the same?

• 2 months later...
Guest Diego_7

Hi! I am a Chilean footballer.

I am very interested in playing soccer in Australia. I am looking for a club that can get me to show my skills in the game.

It is very difficult to reach directly look there?, My idea is to contact someone from my country who can help me.

Regards, Diego

Hi Diego,

Contact people from Adelaide City, these are best Semi Professional Soccer Club in South Australia, you will find their details on the Internet

good luck. - Tony

Hi! I am a Chilean footballer.

I am very interested in playing soccer in Australia. I am looking for a club that can get me to show my skills in the game.

It is very difficult to reach directly look there?, My idea is to contact someone from my country who can help me.

Regards, Diego

Guest Coleybear

Noarlunga United Bulldogs at Wilfred Taylor Reserve in Morphett Vale is full of english people and is in the State League. My brother plays there and they all get paid to play!

Guest Diego_7
Noarlunga United Bulldogs at Wilfred Taylor Reserve in Morphett Vale is full of english people and is in the State League. My brother plays there and they all get paid to play!

approximately how much is paid? - Really I have no accommodation so look for a club that I gave it. It is difficult?

• 1 month later...
Hi Diego,

Contact people from Adelaide City, these are best Semi Professional Soccer Club in South Australia, you will find their details on the Internet

good luck. - Tony

A goodpost if it was true.

Adelaide City have a lot of good things going for them, but they are not currently the best in the league, if you look at last season.

Tony, is your son still there, is he in the first team?

• 1 year later...
Guest mowey12

Hi my name is Matthew Towey, i am an 18 year old semi professional footballer from England. I am wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what is the best way to go about being able to come to Aus to play as it is something i am looking to do within the next year!

Cheers

Matty

Hi my name is Matthew Towey, i am an 18 year old semi professional footballer from England. I am wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what is the best way to go about being able to come to Aus to play as it is something i am looking to do within the next year!

Cheers

Matty

can you pm me your email address, I couldn't pm you. Cheers

Mowey12

Western Adelaide pay good money. So do Adelaide City. Even Hallet Cove have recruited players from the UK. Last year they brought over three players from England. Ex Liverpool keeper and England under 17s. Also Centre Forward from Burton Albion and centre midfielder from kettering town. Metro Starsare also a good team. After winning Player of the Year and Top Goalscorer last season my son aged 24 has moved to Gold Coast. But does regular get offers to play and get paid here in Adelaide. Good luck Matty.

Mowey12

Western Adelaide pay good money. So do Adelaide City. Even Hallet Cove have recruited players from the UK. Last year they brought over three players from England. Ex Liverpool keeper and England under 17s. Also Centre Forward from Burton Albion and centre midfielder from kettering town. Metro Starsare also a good team. After winning Player of the Year and Top Goalscorer last season my son aged 24 has moved to Gold Coast. But does regular get offers to play and get paid here in Adelaide. Good luck Matty.

@Boxer, the best player last year was an African kid who has gone from Croydon to Raiders. I don't think that is your son is it??? For Adelaide City the Top scorer was Bucco (from memory) is that your son? Or did he move on from AC.

Also the PPS means imports wont be as common. People coming over need to be aware of this.

• 8 months later...
Guest Adelaide Titans FC

Interested in playing soccer next season?

Then be sure to check out Adelaide Cobras Amateur Soccer Club which competes in the SA Amateur Soccer League (Saturday) based in the western suburbs.

We will have 3 teams in 2014 (Seniors, Reserves and Cs) so you are sure to fit into one of them as a beginner to an experienced player.

The Club was formed this year and in our inaugural season we were Promoted, our Seniors were crowned Champions and our Reserves finished Runners-Up (only on goal difference).

Check out our Facebook page to find out more about the Club and to be kept up to date with Club information.

Preseason training will be commencing on 14 January 2014.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Cheers

Adelaide Cobras Amateur Football Club

You can always come and show us at a newly formed soccer club inAldinga how it's done...

certainly treat you to a beer!

be good to have some extra talent to make the clubs history.

any players interested please PM as we start pre season on Friday January the 17th at 7pm

all welcome at Aldinga Soccer club...

low fees and a great bunch of lads, no egos allowed...

• 2 months later...