Can anyone tell me if we need 2 years on our passport before we migrate , we are on a 176 visa and 1 passport runs out in 8 months ,

thanks

ian:jiggy:

Can anyone tell me if we need 2 years on our passport before we migrate , we are on a 176 visa and 1 passport runs out in 8 months ,

thanks

ian:jiggy:

Worth getting another just in case, my partner renewed hers about 3 weeks ago sent it Monday afternoon and it was retuned Thursday morning,they must be quiet at the moment.

I think so. If it runs out in 8 months I'd get it extended or renewed in a couple of months anyways. I never wait till there is less than 6 months on them as a rule as most places won't let you in without at least 6 months left on one.

Guest Viksta

Yeah agreed our agent have told us it has to be 2 years, OH has a year left on his but that isnt good enough!!

Guest guest3462

We are in Australia already and have to leave to validate our 176, the department if immigration informed us that it is only 6 months that is required. We had to get a new one for our daughter as she would only have 5 months and 2 weeks!!!

Also just to let you know that the price of a UK passport renewal here in Aus is almost double as when you get it in the UK.