Guest MADTOM

What is an ice cream cake?

Guest MADTOM

I see Wendy's do an ice cream cake but it is $45 - Is it just ice cream?

hi - yes, its really just ice-cream - Bizzarre isnt it? Every year, my kids want one for their birthday - but I just cant bring myself to buy one....Its just ice-cream in the shape of a CAKE!!

sarahx

Guest Guest5035

Why not buy a 4 litre tub of ice cream,turn it upside down take off the tub and a few candles stuck in it and you've got the same thing!!

stevo

Guest MADTOM
    Why not buy a 4 litre tub of ice cream,turn it upside down take off the tub and a few candles stuck in it and you've got the same thing!!

stevo

Yes would rather do that then pay $45 for a lump of ice cream shaped in to a cake. DD will definitely not be getting one! I thought there might have been more to it like some sort of sponge in there or something.

Why not make a sponge and when cooked cut in half horizontally. Then put one half back in a tin fill with assorted icecream then place another cake on top and refreeze - It will look more like a birthday cake then (or a giant artic roll?)

Guest UzinOz

yeah you're right Peters do one, it always goes down well :) beats paying $45

Guest binniewatt

Ice cream cake kind of cake which contain a layered of ice cream or cake in a single form. It has many flavoured like chocolate ice cream, then fudge, cookie crumbs, vanilla ice cream and many more.