Hi,

Anyone travelled codeshare with KLM/Maylasia Air.... We are flying via Kuala Lumpar and Amsterdam to Birmingham....

Any one any thoughts or problems with them??

Dan

Guest The Dimmocks

I am flying with them in November. What do you mean by codeshare?? Sorry if I being totally thick and missing the obvious

KLM are a major european airline who also codeshare with AirFrance. I've only done short haul with them, but assume long haul would be fine. Standard likely to be similar to qantas/BA.

I have friends who are pilots with KLM and have flown with the airline a lot. They have always been good. Schipol airport (Amsterdam) is easy to navigate and transfer onwards. I like being able to read Dutch and hear it spoken. Can't complain about them anyways.

I am flying with them in November. What do you mean by codeshare?? Sorry if I being totally thick and missing the obvious

Codesharing is when a number of airlines get together and share routes. A codeshare on each route is between two airlines but there are lots more in each codesharing group. So if you fly to Australia with Qantas you may often find yourself on a BA flight for the leg from Heathrow to Singapore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codeshare

Airline alliance codeshare list (who shares with who)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_alliance