Guest Kat+Rocco

Help please house not sold+ start job in october!!!????

    Recommended Posts

    Guest Kat+Rocco

    :arghh:

    Stressed doesn't even come into it really......feeling so worried and anxious.

     

    My start date for Job is 16th Oct, I’m waiting on my 457 visa coming through but already had my medical etc so that should only take a few weeks BUT my house has still not sold!!!!

    It's been on the market since may and we have dropped the price 3 times now and anyone buying it would really be getting a bargain but haven't had any interest since early July

     

    I'm sooooo worried that I’m going to lose my job in Adelaide if I can't get there by October.......I’ve thought about just coming out on my own and leaving my husband and daughter Ruby here but I couldn't bare to be away from her.....then I thought about taking Ruby with me but then it's just financially and logistically almost impossible I’m a nurse so wouldn't be able to work late or night shifts due to childcare problems plus not sure I could afford to pay for 5 full days daycare a week! I honestly feel I wouldn't be able to cope, don't think I’m strong enough to start our new life alone with my hubby stuck on the other side of the world!!

     

    So the only other option I can think of is to just bite the bullet so to speak book our flights and go together as a family leaving the house unsold, still on the market and empty!! Not what I wanted to do as can't really afford to and I’m going to have to rely on our parents to help with payments on UK house but what else can I do?? We can't rent it out as the rental payment wouldn't be enough to cover mortgage and our lender don't do buy/let mortgages. If we change mortgage provider we will be worse off as due to my husband being made redundant and having debt probs in past our credit rating is beyond horrendous so we would be subject to an even higher interest rate

     

    This is our dream and i'm so scared we could lose it when we are so close, i just want to stop living in limbo and get on that plane so we can start our new life as a family together.

    So what have other people done? Has anyone had to abandon ship quickly? How did you manage? Any advice would be great

     

    Kelly

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Personally I would just leave it.... I know any that have and it has worked out in the end.

     

    We re-mortgaged very quickly when we came out and managed to get some equity out. We don't have a letting mortgage, between us and our financial advisor we worked something out. We do have tenants in which more than covers the mortgage at the moment. I can't remember exactly how it was all worked out but maybe seek some advice about that, as leaving it empty is risky.

     

    I have a friend who has tried for over 18mths to get a peads job and only just got one so don't risk your job offer for that, once it's gone their might not be any more.

     

    I really hope that has helped but what ever you decide it will be for your reasons...

     

    Good luck

    Michelle

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I'm not sure which hospital you plan on working in but I worked in the Women's and Children's Hospital for a little while. It's a government funded organisation and truly they are not heartless. Speak to the person who employed you and ask if it is possible to delay. Explain the situation and say that if absolutely needed you will be there as it is your priority, but that it would be helpful if you had a bit more time. What can you lose by asking and be prepared for them to say no. People sometimes forget that employers are people too and hopefully can have some empathy for you. In most cases they just extend the "contract" of the other person who is doing the job by a few months. At least you know where you stand and will give you a bit of a breather if they say yes.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest shella_n

    Arghh really feel for you. We ended ip renting our but we sold it a couple of months ago as it was heaPs of stress and we were worried about interest rates rising and prices going down.

     

    Personally I wouldn't leave the house empty hoping it will sell - there are heaps of threads on here where people can't sell their houses and it's taken more than 18 months - you don't want to be on that situation.

     

    When we rented we were just on our normal mortgage with the banks consent to lend ( this was possible as we were on a temporary visa). I would look into it again and even if you are loosing z bit of money each month that's better than loosing a lot - on the meantime you could still keep it on the Market.

     

    Good luck with whatever you decide - it's do hard I know.

     

    Michelle

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest boesman

    Take all of the advice above. Try delaying start of your job, but if you can't, speak to your morgage provider and say you just want to rent out your house till it sells. We did that. We out grew our flat and couldn't find a buyer so I told the bank we are going to sell at a massive loss or rent out. We kept the same morgage (not a buy to let) and just paid £300 and 10 days later we got the letter to say we can rent it out in any way we like. That was two years ago and we got a buyer this week. Rent will cover most of your morgage payments and will leave you with just a bit to pay, rather than paying the full amount for an empty house. Definately keep the job in Adelaide!! Keep praying for a buyer!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Kat+Rocco

    Thanks everyone some great replys

     

    I have a friend who has tried for over 18mths to get a peads job and only just got one so don't risk your job offer for that, once it's gone their might not be any more

    I know i'm still yet to see any paeds jobs advertised and found this on off my own back ringing the hospital and I know my chances are slim to find another one!

     

    And re hospital yes Kris job is at WCH an I'm going to speak to them in 2 weeks cos the lady I'm in contact with is on annual leave I'm hoping that they will give me some leaway....ths is the first start date I've been given and they have known since my interview that I needed to sell my house before coming over!

     

    I'm going to get my hubby to speak to mortgage lender again today re: renting it out ?? If they will lets go interest only too plus just thought we'd get a little bit more as we could leave the house part furnished if we rented.

     

    Thanks guys you've given me plenty food for thought...but that's me decided I'm going in the next 2 months whichever way it happens

    :swoon:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now