We are here, Yipee !!!!!!!

minty

Welcome, Hope you settle as qucik as we have, Arrived 21/10/2011. There does seem to be alot to do and it all seems to be needed to be done now. But it will all fall into place and in its own time sooner than you think. It seems that you have done alot of research so it should be a stroll. Best of luck. I have settled on Hahn super dry. Dan murphies is cheap (out of town) but woolworths has offers on some times (Seaford shopping centre). PS- Did you bring the weather with you.

Welcome to the sunny side, guys. Do you mean you got your phones unlocked, or got them put on international roaming? If unlocked you probably need to get a local sim card to put in them. When you decide what network to go with on your iphones, pop into one of their shops and get them to sort you out. We're with Vodafone, but there are (what seems like) hundreds of choices! Can understand your frustration at it not working!

Hi Diane, luckly a simple fix. I got the phones unlocked in the UK but forgot to update them on itunes. Once i done this the new aussie sims worked fine. Luckly though my tom tom satnav ap on the iphone still worked so i could still found my way around ok.

Back of out today to look at cars/rentals ect. Will be glad when its all over and i can go back to work.

Chris.

Well after what the wife would call 4 stressfully days we are all done.

Bank validated, phones now working, oz drivers licenses done, centre link & Medicare in hand, car brought and just got conformation that we have secured a long term rental to move into a week on wednesday.

Just the wiring regs exam and jobs left but I will have a few days of first and enjoy the new beers that have been recommended.

Catch up soon all and thanks for all lovely messages and support.

The Bacons !!!!!

Guest Barney Rubble

Bank validated, phones now working, oz drivers licenses done, centre link & Medicare in hand, car brought and just got conformation that we have secured a long term rental to move into a week on wednesday.

Just the wiring regs exam and jobs left but I will have a few days of first and enjoy the new beers that have been recommended.

Catch up soon all and thanks for all lovely messages and support.

The Bacons !!!!!

Whoa there, lie in the fast lane so soon !

Need to slow down a bit :biglaugh:

For a bit of culture this weekend try the Schuenfest(http: //www.schutzenfest.com.au/program/default.php) at Ellis Park this weekend, that'll be a nice 'kick you shoes off' bit of fun.

Might even see you there, unless your a tee-totaller like me :nah:

You got a latest copy of the regs yet ? would assume you have :unsure:

Whoa there, lie in the fast lane so soon !

Need to slow down a bit :biglaugh:

For a bit of culture this weekend try the Schuenfest(http: //www.schutzenfest.com.au/program/default.php) at Ellis Park this weekend, that'll be a nice 'kick you shoes off' bit of fun.

Might even see you there, unless your a tee-totaller like me :nah:

You got a latest copy of the regs yet ? would assume you have :unsure:

Yeah got the regs book, how sad are we. Makes for my toilet reading.

Guest Adelaide_bound

The Bacons !!!!!

Questions for you oh wise and experienced ones :D

What docs did you need for Driver's licenses, medicare cards and centrelink? Any proof of address stuff? If so, what did you use? Many thanks :D

Gratz on getting so much done, you industrial bunnies you :D

Questions for you oh wise and experienced ones :D

What docs did you need for Driver's licenses, medicare cards and centrelink? Any proof of address stuff? If so, what did you use? Many thanks :D

Gratz on getting so much done, you industrial bunnies you :D

Validate your bank and get a stamped letter from them first, apply for your tfn numbers online and then p one them up and they will give you the number over the phone. Thes 2 along with your temp acomadation letter and your passports and a cc were all we have been asked for.

Chris.

Guest Adelaide_bound
Validate your bank and get a stamped letter from them first, apply for your tfn numbers online and then p one them up and they will give you the number over the phone. Thes 2 along with your temp acomadation letter and your passports and a cc were all we have been asked for.

Chris.

Cheers for that - am pondering on the short term accomodation letter, what exactly we are going to do for that one (or if we will need one tbh), as we're only in the hotel for 3 nights, and then start living in our camper (picking it up on our second day :o).

If need be, we have a friend in Perth (we are starting off in perth and are just going to get our Driving licenses to one year WA ones for now) who we think we might be able to use his address maybe - I think things are a little different in different states for various things, so hopefully the bank letter will be enough to start us off in WA :).

Especially thanks for mentioning the bank letter (and the stamping of it) though, thats the kind of thing you don't even know to ask about imho, that can be really helpful :D

• 4 weeks later...