Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jackieboy

Adelaide

Guest Jackieboy

Hi I'm Jack im ten years old and I'm from England.If anyone lives in Adelaide can they tell me about the schools and what the people are like???And also do the schools set a lot of homework,and what does everyone do after school??

Guest Libby1971

Hiya Jack

I am much older than you but I can tell you what my kids do.

After school, they go to clubs - things like soccer, football, swimming and stuff like that. We also go to the cinema, or down the beach, or meet up with friends, stuff that we did in the UK but it's hotter.

The people are nice and so are the schools. They do give some homework but they try not to do it at weekends.

Libby

Guest Jackieboy

Hi Libby my mum asked me to ask you how long does the process take and how mutch does it roughly cost to move to Austrailia

Thanks for replying about schools,Jack

Guest Django
    how long does the process take and how mutch does it roughly cost to move to Austrailia

Tell your mum this (or better get her to read it:biglaugh:)

It can take anything from 10 months to 10 years to get a visa to stay in Australia. It all depends on what visa you apply for. It also depends on whether you have a skill that is in demand at the moment.

As for cost It will again depend on the type of visa you apply for, how big your family is, whether you use an agent or not, etc.

Have a look at this site http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm it will tell you all about the visas available and if you are eligable to apply for them. The ones to go for if you can are perminant ones and independant ones, so if you are able to apply for a independant perminant one (175) then you could be there in 12 - 18 months and your parents will be able to pick and choose there jobs as they won't be 'tied' to one employer and be able to claim any benefits an Aussie can.

If you look at most people signatures on here they have put their 'timelines' on. This helps work out how quickly or slowly things take.

Hope this helps

Pete

Guest Jackieboy

Thanks Pete, this is Jacks mum.

My husband is an all round builder, we are looking into it at the moment. Thanks again for your info.

Guest Django
    My husband is an all round builder.

I would PM Graandjac or Ianb They live fairly local to you and are in a similar trades. They both have their visas and I'm sure would give you some tips and skill assessment proceedure info.

Pete

Hi guys, just been reading the post. Feel free to ask any questions.

Where abouts in West Sussex are you then?

Our family are due to head a bit north of adelaide a bit (Andrews Farm) hoping also to come across a bit of the building work.

Good luck and ask as many questions on here as you need.