Guest Django

East Mid Meet - Lincoln

Guest Django

I have noticed quite a lot of newer members to the forum based in the Lincs area and wondered if any were up for a meet. We had one last summer (well according to the calendar it was summer:skeptical:) which was successful for everyone but us with ill children. :o

If anyone is interested let me know and I will organise one.

Pete

Hey Pete!!!

Must be something to do with the Lincs area....or just UK in general!!

We would make an effort to travel again......but with out the rain/tent/mud/wet clothes and soggy sausages!! A hotel sounds good!

Hopefully we can fit it in before April...if not we'll sort something out over there!!

Dan and Steph

Guest Django

We will deffo do it before then Dan. It'll be great to meet up again.

Pete

Guest Tracijbc

Hi,

I tried to get something organised before Christmas, but was met with a wall of silence, maybe people here in the East Midlands are shy? :skeptical:

Let us have the details and if we can, we will make it. Really enjoyed last meet at the Lincs pub, despite the English weather.

Cheers

Traci x

Guest mOZzy

i did talk to tracey the other day and suggested something just south leicester.

would that be something 'east mid meet' or is that completly unrelated :err:

it was something childfriendly - so pete you wouldn't come too short ;)

Guest Django
    would that be something 'east mid meet' or is that completly unrelated

Completely unrelated.;):D

Pete

Guest Tracijbc

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that. For us, any Sunday before the end of April really, aside from 2nd March or Easter weekend as we are busy for both of those.

Keep me posted and we'll do our best.

T x

Guest Lulujim

Hi, We're fairly new on this site, but am loving it and have found out so much about Adelaide through it.

We are in the process of applying for a Visa for SA at the moment, and hope to be out there by the end of the year, all being well.

Would love to meet up - we are in Lincolnshire, but happy to travel!!

Keep me posted please! :D

Thanks, Alexis

Guest Dallas

Hi Guys

What about a small quick get together in the next couple of weeks? We could do it on a Thursday night at the pub you all went to last summer. Obviously it would only suit the folks in the Lincoln, Notts area but I am sure we would get a nice little group.

We could always plan a bigger one for the summer.

I missed the one last summer because I had cricket and I am off to Oz for work in March/April. I would really love me, my wife and kids to meet up with some people/families that are heading to Adelaide. I am from there but my wife is a 100% Nottingham girl and she is not 100% sure yet!!:arghh: I have never done one of them but that about sums me up!!

Dallas

well providing not working we would be interested in a meet, be good to catch up again for the last time(hopefully) before we go.

Can try my Sat Nav out properly! :biglaugh:

Will keep an eye on here for more info

Guest Obedoh

Hi,

we are in Lincoln and would be interested in meeting up providing there's no gloating from anyone with plane tickets!!

We're waiting on a case officer for the main app, so we're crawling up the wall with the suspense at the minute! A little light relief would probably help.

keep me posted.

Cheers

Duncan

Gloating...us....thats why we have these meets...!!! LOL

Believe me...although your climbing up the walls the time flies!! See ya soon!

Dan and Steph

Guest Django
    What about a small quick get together in the next couple of weeks? We could do it on a Thursday night

We can't do a Thursday evening due to babysitting issues. :sad: Was thinking more of a Sunday afternoon in March. Looking at info from Traci and Tracey's off duty Sunday 9th March is looking favourite.

Pete

Guest Tracijbc

Ooh, 9th March sounds like a great idea. We can defo make it that day, any one else interested?? :)

Traci x

Guest Lulujim

Hi, March 9th sounds good for us if you don't mind us gate-crashing??

Are children allowed?? And has it been decided where it will be? ;)

Guest Tracijbc

Hi there!! Although I didn't start this thread, I can safely say that everyone is welcome, even kiddies!!

As far as I am aware, the venue is http://www.pub-explorer.com/lincs/pub/gamekeepersouthhykeham.htm where we went last time. It was a really good opportunity to meet a few folkes despite the rain sending us all running inside!

Hope to see you there

Traci x

Guest Lulujim

Great - I know it well, just down the road from my mum! Look forward to it :)

Guest Django
    Hi, March 9th sounds good for us if you don't mind us gate-crashing??
    You would deffo not be gate crashing

Are children allowed??

Oh deffo. There is an outdoor play area and there is also a 'wackywarehouse' attached to keep them amused. The only downside is that they have to be accompanied but we have sat in there on a meet before.

Hi there!! Although I didn't start this thread, I can safely say that everyone is welcome, even kiddies!!

Spot on. If you can read this thread even if you aren't a member and you are going to Oz or thinking about going to Oz then you are more than welcome to come and say g'day. ;):biglaugh:

Pete

Guest deborah

I am also in the east midlands, Derbyshire to be precise.

Used to live in Lincoln though, very nice place and my brother lives in Nottingham.

My daughter want s to go on the big wheel in nottingham and also sherwood forest.

Do you meet up a couple of times then?

Guest Django
    Do you meet up a couple of times then?

We had a meet up last August which turned into a weekend do for some as they camped on a nearby campsite. Weather wasn't that great but reminded us of one of the reasons we all want to live in South Australia. :biglaugh:

I would be up for a more regular meet thing going. ie 3rd Sunday in every month or every other month.

Hey Dan,

Why don't you camp again? The weather will probably be drier and warmer. :jiggy::biglaugh:

Pete

Pete...

Do i feel a hint of sarcasm in your voice...!!! But then again you may be right...although a hotel does sound more comforting!!!

Anyhows.... will check out that date with Stephs rota and see if we can make it....!!!

The more the merrier!!

Dan and Steph

Im afraid guys we will have to give the 9th March a miss. Date clashes with little ones Ballet show. Im sure everyone who goes will enjoy it and learn a lot like we have done.

Enjoy the day and good to see Dan is doing the camping thing!!:biglaugh: Dan its your last chance of getting frost bite! See you all soon.