DAVID.CHRISTINE

Royal jubilee

What a great night just love all the pomp the royal family looked so happy,brought a tear to my eye.Just a shame the weather let it down ,didn't stop the crowds how lucky they were to be there.The choir near the end deserve a medal singing in those conditions. Looking forward to the concert tonight :smile:

Yep, I stayed up til 1am this morning watching the precession down the Thames......I thought she looked a bit cold on that boat:err:!

It was great to watch - would have been nice to be there with all the excitment. I would have liked to have watched the local news - showing how families were celebrating.....I remember the Silver Jubilee - ha, I was 7 and there went to a big outdoor party at the Wooton Hall Club in Gloucester.....nice hot summers day too!

Sarahx

Yep made me puffed up n proud watching it last night. Everyone braving the weather to give the Flotilla a good show. Nice rendition of "Bound for South Australia" too was heard :). The Queen showed her stalwart belief in her role. I believe she would have gone down with the barge if she'd had to. Although people may whinge about the cost of such things, I believe they really do boost morale and obviously mean something otherwise no one would wait for 7 hours in the rain .......

Edited by Rachiegarlo

Yep made me puffed up n proud watching it last night. Everyone braving the weather to give the Flotilla a good show. Nice rendition of "Bound for South Australia" too was heard :). The Queen showed her stalwart belief in her role. I believe she would have gone down with the barge if she'd had to. Although people may whinge about the cost of such things, I believe they really do boost morale and obviously mean something otherwise no one would wait for 7 hours in the rain .......
    Might have been worth watching if she had.:biggrin: