Guest edenfieldpoms

Fridge/freezers

Guest edenfieldpoms

Has anyone took their fridges and freezers over, are they still working? Don't know whether or not to take them, any help would be appreciated

Thanks april

Guest Celine

Hi April,

My daughter & her hubbie brought their old chest type freezer as a spare one with them 3.5 years ago & now I have it in my garage as a spare & it's working fine. As a general rule for me, I brought everything out, I even purchased a new bed & mattress before I emmigrated & I dont regret bringing it all with me

good luck

Celine

Has anyone took their fridges and freezers over, are they still working? Don't know whether or not to take them, any help would be appreciated

Thanks april

Guest edenfieldpoms
    Hi April,

My daughter & her hubbie brought their old chest type freezer as a spare one with them 3.5 years ago & now I have it in my garage as a spare & it's working fine. As a general rule for me, I brought everything out, I even purchased a new bed & mattress before I emmigrated & I dont regret bringing it all with me

good luck

Celine

Thanks for that info, we are bringing everything but slightly over 20 ft container so just wondering what we don't need to bring

Thanks april

Guest edenfieldpoms
    we bought one off gumtree when we got here for $300 some good bargains on there..

Thanks I've heard of gum tree, I will deffo keep that in mind

Thanks april

Guest Crushfamily

Brought our 10yr old Samsung American FF - it died - I got a local from Seaford Rise to look at it - he charged me $85.00 to tell me it was deadand would cost $7-800 to fix - so googled the fault and got a new fuse and sensor for it from the UK for £28.00 delivered in 10 days which i fitted myself! It is worth bring everything you can as the cost to replace it far outweighs the cost to ship it.

Edited by Crushfamily
    Addition

Guest edenfieldpoms

Thanks for that, I saw your thread the other day about seaford primary and the padded room, I saw it on reccie last year and it really put me off it. How long you been in oz? Enjoying it?

Ta april

Thanks april

If they are decent and reasonably new, then yes, I'd say its worth shipping them. If they are old and you are coming up on short of space, I'd say leave them and buy new with an Aus warranty once you get here.