Baggage allowance

Guest edenfieldpoms

Guest edenfieldpoms

Recently been told we won't get extra baggage allowance when we migrate, as we have validated our visa. Is this true? If you are migrating I think you should, as when we validated it was a holiday, has anyone any experience of this? We are thinking of using Singapore airlines again.

Thanks april

Guest La1ney

Hi, I emailed Singapore airways to check about luggage allowances this is there reply, "if you hold an unused/unstamped/not validated migrant visa that specifically states that you are permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely/permanently, you will be entitled to the double baggage allowance" Think you may be out of luck. Sorry didn't want to be the bearer of bad news.

Guest Crushfamily
Thought so, thanks, might ring them though and be cheeky." If you don't ask you don't get "

Thanks april

I was in the same boat and managed to get 30kg pp from Singapore by grovelling!!

We did the same with Singapore, managed to get 40kg allowance - but get it in writing from them by e:mail before you book as speaking to different people they all seem to say different things and constantly give different information.

Recently been told we won't get extra baggage allowance when we migrate, as we have validated our visa. Is this true? If you are migrating I think you should, as when we validated it was a holiday, has anyone any experience of this? We are thinking of using Singapore airlines again.

Thanks april

The migrant excess of double baggage won't apply as you've validated your visa.

You may get lucky and get them to add an extra few kilos to your luggage but make sure you get proof of this in a letter and take it to the airport with you for check in, otherwise you will be charged.