Whale hunting

jtct

Had a great few hours down at Victor Harbor trying to spot whales. did see a few around Horshoe Bay but my poor little camera doesn't have much of a zoom. Amazing watching their antics through the binoculars though and the weather was fab with hardly a breath of wind.

Had to rush back cos Clive needs to catch the 4.40pm Footie express to the match tonight!

DSC03311.jpg

Ooooo I can't wait to be able to do this. Every time I've been over its not been whale migrating season or I've just missed it :unsure:

I will spend many happy hours watching for whales. I spend hours watching wildlife here in the UK so it'll be good to do some Aussie nature watching :D

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

We were down at Sellicks Beach last night at sunset and there were dolphins there. The guy I was speaking to there said they'd been around all day but he said he'd seen a whale there earlier in the week too. We've not seen any yet but hopefully we will get to one day.

Guest Guest6899

Weve been down Victor twice now in the past few weeks and not seen anything..:sad: fingers crossed next time...

Edited by Guest6899

We saw one whale at Bashams beach and another 2 at Middleton today. All quite a way out but ok with binoculars. The 2 at Middleton were sticking their flippers up and flapping around. Pity they weren't closer because you could tell they were huge creatures. Saw some playful dolphins really close up on the causeway out to Granite island.